Thread: Vitamin supps advice please :) page

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

Question Vitamin supps advice please :)

Primal Fuel
    Hi,
    Every morning I currently take 1g omega 3 (softgel), 5000IU vit D (softgel), saw palmetto extract* 320mg, and a multivitamin called "femibion" that contains the following at 100% RDA (whether the RDA is any use, on the other hand...?)
    -vit E
    thiamin
    riboflavin
    vit b6
    vit b12
    iron
    zinc
    and also 3mg coebzyme Q10, and 10 million units (??) of probiotic.

I'm trying to counter pcos symptoms, hence the saw palmetto, and Cillakat's helpful advice also suggested I'd burn through B vitamins at a rate of knots.

I've just heard of the use of glutamine to counter sugar cravings. And I'm running low on supplies so I'm relooking at my shopping list.

I'm considering this little lot, plus the same saw palmetto and equivalent vit D

http://bigvits.co.uk/product.asp?pid...d=&tid=11&bid=

http://bigvits.co.uk/product.asp?pid...id=&tid=&bid=9

Any thoughts on the contents of the multi in particular?
    Anything I'm missing out on?
    I'm wondering whether to stop the omega 3, replace with krill oil...??

Thanks in advance

skeedaddy is offline Member
    NMG, I didn't see Vitamin C in your list. I prefer www.vitamincfoundation.org as a resource for learning about recommended daily dosage.

Jamie is offline Junior Member
    Hi NorthernMonkeyGirl, i have the book- the most effective natural cures on earth by Jonny Bowden. He recommends 1,000 mcg of chromium picolinate or polynicotinate aswell as 8-16 mg of biotin alongside a low-glycemic diet as a natural prescription for pcos. He also recommends the herb fenugreek for its beneficial effect on blood sugar when used at doses of 1.5 to 2 mg per kg of body weight. Hope this helps.

paleo_rob is offline Senior Member
    Magnesium. Magnesium. Magnesium!

It is one of the most underrated minerals and most of us are ultra deficient in it. By chance I'm writing up a blog post on it, so will post a link soon, but it has so many benefits in regards to both physical AND mental health. Highly recommended!

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo_rob View Post
    Magnesium. Magnesium. Magnesium!

It is one of the most underrated minerals and most of us are ultra deficient in it. By chance I'm writing up a blog post on it, so will post a link soon, but it has so many benefits in regards to both physical AND mental health. Highly recommended!
    Can't wait for your blog post XD
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

My blog post on Magnesium is up.

The general gist for those who don't want to read it is this. Magnesium has a huge effect on mood and muscles. Magnesium balances your calcium, which reduces stress and thus cortisol. Decreased cortisol means better health as well as faster weight loss. Also its relativley cheap.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by thaneverbefore View Post
    here's some other blog posts on magnesium, the authors shouldn't be too unfamiliar
    AWESOME links. Will add to my post!