Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not eating enough carbs! page 2

Roach is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Chefgerry View Post
    Cheese will raise GI as does butter and other dairy products........Whole milk is more insulinogenic that fat free, weird but true. Protein also raises insulin quite a bit, especially fish, so if you happen to believe in the relevance of the GI you might want to rethink the dairy on the potato. Gastric emptying has nothing/very little to do with the initial insulin response of a food a person eats, just that it takes longer to digest. just saying
    If this is true then either I am an anomaly or the idea that insulin promotes fat accumulation is false.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roach View Post
    If this is true then either I am an anomaly or the idea that insulin promotes fat accumulation is false.
    No worries, insulin is a fat storage hormone.

No worries, insulin is a fat storage hormone.
    Apparently I didn't properly convey what I meant.

I am claiming that the idea that butter/cream increases the GI and causes a greater insulin spike is exactly false. Most everything I have read argues this case and, more importantly, my experience proves it. When I say "proves it" I mean "proves it to me" and that's really all I care about.

Whole milk is more insulinogenic than fat-free? How's that? Got a link?

Here's an interesting tidbit http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/sat...tack-risk.html

Apparently I didn't properly convey what I meant.

I am claiming that the idea that butter/cream increases the GI and causes a greater insulin spike is exactly false. Most everything I have read argues this case and, more importantly, my experience proves it. When I say "proves it" I mean "proves it to me" and that's really all I care about.

Whole milk is more insulinogenic than fat-free? How's that? Got a link?

Here's an interesting tidbit http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/sat...tack-risk.html
    Alan Aragon talked about this a few years ago...I'll see if I can dig them up for you. Your singing to the choir
    about saturated fat, but thanks for the link.

Alan Aragon talked about this a few years ago...I'll see if I can dig them up for you. Your singing to the choir
    about saturated fat, but thanks for the link.
    Yeah but in the link it states "Not only that, but the researchers found that drinking full-cream milk and eating other full-fat dairy products also reduced the risk factors for the metabolic syndrome — a collection of conditions which includes obesity and diabetes."

How is it that eating foods that are supposedly more insulinogenic REDUCES the risk factors for obesity and diabetes when insulin is a fat storage hormone and is involves in diabetes?

The first link has to do with type II diabetics.

Anyway, I asked for a link having to do with the claim that full-fat milk is more insulinogenic than fat-free milk. Got one?

The first link has to do with type II diabetics.

Anyway, I asked for a link having to do with the claim that full-fat milk is more insulinogenic than fat-free milk. Got one?
    Not right now....you win. You read studies very fast, kudo's.

Not right now....you win. You read studies very fast, kudo's.
    Whew! I was totally concerned with winning. I didn't even know we were having any sort of contest.

I'm just curious because I currently drink full-fat raw milk, don't shy away from cream or half and half, and enjoy butter. If this stuff is highly insulinogenic then insulin doesn't cause my body to store fat.

Whew! I was totally concerned with winning. I didn't even know we were having any sort of contest.

I'm just curious because I currently drink full-fat raw milk, don't shy away from cream or half and half, and enjoy butter. If this stuff is highly insulinogenic then insulin doesn't cause my body to store fat.
    Your right, insulin alone doesn't cause fat storage. I can't get raw milk where I am, but I do consume full fat organic goat milk and organic butter every single day and lots of it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast