Thread: Chocolate, ice cream... Is sugar more damaging to you once you go primal? page

thedude is offline Junior Member

Chocolate, ice cream... Is sugar more damaging to you once you go primal?

Shop Now
    I've been eating primal for a good month now, but I still would love to have ice cream and chocolate from time to time...
    However, now that I'm eating tons of fat and protein, it seems to me that even the occasional sugar here and there would cause havoc in my system. Don't you guys share this feeling?
    So, as a result, I simply don't eat them. But some days is so hard.

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I find sugary products have only a small effect on me (if any) compared to grain products, which make me feel positively ill. I think it all depends on your goals and your body.

Chefgerry is offline Senior Member
    Most of the bad effects of sugar is from chronic long term consumption.......that's not to say you don't feel like shit eat some after sustaining from it. I can't eat sugar anymore.......it makes me want to gag.

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    I use a teaspoon of sugar when I make pancakes and it has never given me a problem. Gluten grains and milk do give me problems though.
    ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>
    ><((((º> ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.¸¸><(( ((º>

Pandadude is offline Senior Member
    Well you could try eating diabetic friendly ice creams / sugar free ice creams. Did that with some strawberries and whipped cream, was delish and didn't feel bad at all (my stomach usually goes up in a knot from sampling a piece of cake)

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    you can buy an icecream maker and make some coconut milk icecream, with a lil fruit or maybe some cocoa powder and a touch of stevia for a choco-coconut treat.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    Only way to know is to try it.
    Personally, I learned the hard way that I've pretty intolerant to sugar. My energy is just starting to come back since I cut all my cheats. I do eat 85% chocolate though, which I didn't think I would like but its really good! Oh and stevia is a godsend.
    Calm the f**k down.

soror is offline Senior Member
    I don't tolerate sugar very well either- I avoid all the processed sugars like the devil they are- sometimes I partake in natural sugars but find the less the better. They jack w/ my blood sugar and make me feel like crap. I do partake in Lindt 85% as well but very rarely can I even eat very much of that at a time as it is so rich.

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    Just make some coconut milk smoothies with frozen berries and chocolate protein powder. Very little if any unnatural sugar, and can easily be thickened to the consistency of ice cream (just add more berries)
    “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris