Thread: I'm ready to stop dieting! page

Hope is offline Junior Member

I'm ready to stop dieting!

Shop Now
    Today is officially day 2 of my primal journey, I guess. Started with some small changes, but went full primal yesterday. Today at my office we started 'Biggest Loser', and I really wanted to cry. I knew I had gained back 'some' of the weight I had lost from my most recent diet attempt, but in reality I have gained almost every single pound back. It's a horrible feeling to realize how easy it is to slip back into your old habits once you stop your 'diet'. My biggest weakness' are bread and sweet things! I'm surprised that I am not ready to hurt someone since I haven't had bread in days! I don't miss it as much as I though (yet), but my sweet tooth is hurting bad! My health and my weight put me into the category of 50-100, and sometimes less. That doesn't leave much wiggle room! So far it's not even the chocolate I miss, it's the unlimited fruit!

On the primal side, definitely feeling the effects of no sugar. Have a headache this morning and not feeling the greatest. Anyone have advice to lessen these feelings over the next few days or so?

Tagzor is online now Junior Member
    Today is day 3 for me, so I'm right there with ya! I had a headache yesterday... right or not, I don't know, but I just took some ibuprofen to ease it.

Congrats on 3 days! I hear it gets better...

K-Tel Records is online now Senior Member
    I'm at day 3 as well....and welcome! I actually started last year and was going strong then I just.....stopped. I just reopened my journal yesterday and i'm determined to take it one day at a time.

I'm a sugar fiend as well. Nothing better than a big bag of circus peanuts mixed with potato chips (yikes!) You will go through a kind of "flu" feeling, kinda not all the way "there", headaches etc....I'm just going through it. Water, tea, gettin mad and accepting that I have to go through it to get to the other side, etc....I'm more paleo than primal, so i'm eating some fruit. I'm keeping it all whole foods, and supplementing with grassfed whey protein.

I cut up a big azz salad for the week and cut up some apples in it. Also have a few strawberries after dinner, finished up the rest of the watermelon I had cut up, etc....at this point anything is better than what I was having! (hmm...circus peanut or strawberry haha)

Looking forward to following your progress!
    Primal shennanigans! My Journal

Start of Day 3, so I guess that means I survived! Still have the headache, hopefully that will go away soon. Had enough left over carbs to have dessert, yummy banana!

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Try drinking some salted broth for the headache. Sometimes when we lower our carbs our electrolytes get a little out of whack. If you don't have broth on had, make sure to salt your foods and get plenty of fluids.