Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Tagzor page

Tagzor is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal - Tagzor

Shop Now
    Hello all!

My backstory is all too familiar sounding to the many I have read here, with yo-yo weight troubles ever since childhood. I actually purchased the primal blueprint around 2 years ago, but never gave it an honest go.

For about 10 years now I have struggled with an itchy red rash on my arms, chest, and stomach. I have been to several doctors & dermatologists, none of whom were able to tell me what has been going on. It's to the point now that it's pretty much unbearable with the constant scratching...In the last year I have had 3 people tell me that they too suffered from similar skin conditions and that eliminating gluten has solved the issue. I recalled my purchase of the primal blueprint and decided now was the time to give it a shot. I'm hoping that the diet will improve my skin condition, but if not at least I will lose weight which is also much needed.

My wife took before pictures on Sunday 6/28, and I had a chocolate milkshake as a last hoo-rah. Yesterday was day 1 - I ate 100% clean and managed to pass my first test (free pizza in the break room at work for lunch!) My co-workers prodded me about why I was having a salad when there was free pizza. And then I had to laugh when more than one of them complained about the way they felt after eating too much of it.

I plan to post 21 day results with before/after pictures as my initial goal is to stick with it 21 days and see what type of results are involved. I'm not sure if this is too early to feel any real difference...maybe I'm just too hyped up to finally be trying to take back my health. But yesterday and today I have felt fantastic. Much better than I have on a daily basis in years. If this is what can be expected it should be easy to stick with it long term.

I'm a 28 y/o male and my current stats (6/28/2015) are:

5'11"
    288.6 lbs
    BMI: 40.2

Waist @ belly button: 48 1/2"
    Hips: 44"
    Chest @ nipple line: 49"
    Neck: 18"
    Thighs: 26"
    Last edited by Tagzor; 07-06-2015 at 07:22 PM. Reason: added measurements

PoisonIvy is offline Senior Member
    I have a sneaking suspicion that your only going to feel better. Keep us posted. Good luck and welcome!

I hope your right, it's time to make a change! I'll definitely be around keeping this updated, as a way to hold myself accountable.

Good morning folks! Stayed up a little later than I intended last night, but still feel pretty dang good today. I was reading some of the other journals and see some people post what they eat daily. I won't do it every day but figure I will share what I ate yesterday just to give an idea of what a day is like for me.

Breakfast: 2 Eggs (Scrambled) w/ peppers & green onions
    blueberries, blackberries, strawberries
    Turkey Bacon

Lunch: Salad - 2 cups lettuce, 1 cup spinach, peppers, green onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, grilled chicken, 1tbsp EVOO

Dinner: Turkey stir fry (no rice) - peppers, pea pods, carrots, green onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, turkey strips sauteed in coconut oil...over 2 cups spinach w/ 1tbsp EVOO

Snacks: Roasted almonds & cashews, turkey snack bites

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Welcome. I think you will be happy with your Primal decision. If possible, get your wife to come along, it will make things easier for you both if she is participating. Good moral support, less temptations in the house. Don't forget the "move frequently" component of Primal lifestyle. I recommend a monthly tape measure session to check waist, thighs,arms, neck. You should see those numbers improve as your pants get baggy.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig D View Post
    Welcome. I think you will be happy with your Primal decision. If possible, get your wife to come along, it will make things easier for you both if she is participating. Good moral support, less temptations in the house. Don't forget the "move frequently" component of Primal lifestyle. I recommend a monthly tape measure session to check waist, thighs,arms, neck. You should see those numbers improve as your pants get baggy.
    I suspect she will slowly start to show interest as long as I can stay focused and she sees results begin for me. As for now I need to focus on me and avoid the temptations. Last night, her and our daughter enjoyed ice cream w/ chocolate sauce...I ate a few roasted almonds. I do move frequently, so hopefully as the pounds come off that'll just get easier. I work 12 hour shifts in a paper mill and constantly move around doing different things. And at home my daughter is 2, so we spend a lot of time chasing, hiding, playing outside, dancing...She's a HUGE part of my motivation to get healthy!

And for the tape measure, that's a great idea! I don't know why I didn't do that with my before stats. I will do some measurements today and add them to the OP.

I went to the local farmers market this afternoon. Nice walk with a friend and my daughter. Bought some raspberries, strawberries, green onions, cucumbers and romaine lettuce.

My dinner was just a random thing I tried tonight and it was delicious. Grass fed 90/10 angus hamburger on the grill, topped with a bit of avocado, a pickle, some onion, and some zucchini...all wrapped in romaine lettuce.

First night shift since making the change (I work 12 hour swing shift). Vending machines were always tempting in the past so tonight I left my wallet in the car.

Still feeling really good and starting to notice some downward movement on the scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Annieh is online now Senior Member
    Welcome Tagzor, you are off to a great start, long may your primal journey continue.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I cheated today . I ate a slice of pizza...at first I beat myself up about it but then told myself to not let it derail me and finished the day out primal. Just thought a confession was in order.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast