Thread: boulder of a cyst acne on my face page

MalPaz is offline Senior Member

Thumbs down boulder of a cyst acne on my face

Primal Fuel
    like it looks like i got hit by a basball bat on the side of my face. i have this area under my skin of like built up acne, its swollen and it hurts!

does anyone know anything i can do?!?!?!?!??! please help

it's hard enough to have to be eating to gain weight everyday and feel full and self conscious but this is on my face, no covering it up!

Minnas is offline Junior Member
    Ice will help bring the swelling and redness down and make it feel better. Wrap an ice cube in a damp towel or paper towel and apply to skin, remove, reapply, etc. You can do this several times a day if you are at home. You can also take some ibuprofen which will help with both.

First, don't mess with it. You can try making an aspirin mask (aspirin - must be uncoated to dissolve- with a few drops of water made into a grainy paste then apply and let sit on skin until dry) or sulphur mask if you have that (DDF brand or Queen Helene Mint Julep mask from the drugstore) BPO applied to the area daily will help but may dry you out a little or make you flaky in that area. Reapply as frequently as you can.

If it's really horrible you can go to the derm and she/he can shot it with cortisone which will get rid of it very quickly.

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    lance the cyst with an ultrafine lancet (so that medication can penetrate better) then apply hourly alternating applications of an *pin sized* dot of an rx retinoid and a topical BHA. hourly. alternating. the spot will dry up and peel off then will take a few days to heal.

anti-inflammatory meds like motrin or aspirin will be helpful.

work on getting sufficient dietary zinc/vitamin d will eliminate them

personally, I'd probably apply a drop of vitamin topically. it's very anti-microbial.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cillakat View Post
    lance the cyst with an ultrafine lancet (so that medication can penetrate better) then apply hourly alternating applications of an *pin sized* dot of an rx retinoid and a topical BHA. hourly. alternating. the spot will dry up and peel off then will take a few days to heal.

anti-inflammatory meds like motrin or aspirin will be helpful.

work on getting sufficient dietary zinc/vitamin d will eliminate them

personally, I'd probably apply a drop of vitamin topically. it's very anti-microbial.
    thank you. i dont know what rx retinoid or BHA is....i keep reading about zinc and i really didnt think i was insufficient in it but with my anorexia in the past i may be. i take vitamin D and am outside all hours of the day so i am not to worried there. i eat livers quite frequently bc theyre cheap as hell and my favorite meat!

Selah is offline Senior Member
    if you have a lemon, slice it open and rub it on the cyst. Most of the time it will reduce the pain within hours and start to heal it.