Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockin' body on a nutritionally devoid diet??? page 2

sap
    sap is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Even if the rest of his family is overweight, he still could have won the genetic lottery. My family has a tendency towards weight gain, but my one brother can eat like a pig without gaining weight. And he works at a pub, so he eats a lot of pub food, which is the worst! He can get abs by doing the smallest amount of exercise. For example, he put on a bit of weight while working a sedentary job, but then worked construction for a few months and got really lean. I am seriously envious.

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i agree with genes....but guys, he is 21....and male....most likely healthy despite his food cuz of good genes....give him 15 years and check back. i know a thousand 21 yr old men who eat like that and get trashed every fri-sun and have 6 packs and rippes bodies

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Yep, decent genes plus youth. He probably has a relatively unscathed metabolism that can, for now, manage the insulin pendulum -- and all that strength work is helping drain his frequently-bolstered glycogen stores. I doubt he can get away with it forever.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    i know a thousand 21 yr old men who eat like that and get trashed every fri-sun and have 6 packs and rippes bodies
    I certainly wasn't one of those 21 year olds!

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    I certainly wasn't one of those 21 year olds!
    Me neither, and I'm only 19. -_-
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Barb is offline Senior Member
    just think of how high his testosterone and growth hormone are at that age! A little weight training will go a long way if those particular hormones are high.

cemdev is offline Senior Member
    if you're exercising tons, you can eat a lot of shit and not gain weight. I've done it. all through university I was in amazing shape - i used to row competitively - and I ate horrible, horrible shit (cereal, processed junk etc.). at that age you respond so well to exercise. check back in 10 years. or even 5 if he starts working a desk job. i put on over 50lbs (of fat) in about 6-7 years once i started working. then dropped 20-30 or so of that once i started mountain biking recreationally, but i've always kept a gut. It looks like PB may be the first thing I've tried since then that might get me back down to being trim - 5 weeks in and i'm at the skinniest i've been for probably nearly a decade.

the real kicker for me is the energy levels i have now - i don't need to constantly eat snack bars etc. when out for rides > 2 hours. Before I would sometimes get shaky if I hadn't had enough sugar. Now I last longer and don't need to eat anything mid-ride.

is it genes or just more effective workout? and there is some truth at least to calories in, calories out - even if he's eating grains, it doesn't sound like he's eating very much, so it would be easy for him to keep the fat off. and at that age, you don't need as much protein for some reason. at least that's been my experience.

veggiedaddy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BarbeyGirl View Post
    Yep, decent genes plus youth. He probably has a relatively unscathed metabolism that can, for now, manage the insulin pendulum -- and all that strength work is helping drain his frequently-bolstered glycogen stores. I doubt he can get away with it forever.
    In fact he told me yesterday, he doesn't intend to ever increase the weights he's lifting in order not to get any bigger. I'm thinking this is going to be a disaster 5-10-15 yrs down the road...perhaps sooner.

I think the thing that frustrates me the most is that I'm the exact same age, have been doing heavy compound lifts always with the intention of getting stronger over time, eat whole foods 90% of the time and I don't even look like I work out!

Malkavian is offline Junior Member
    I've got a friend just like that. He is a gym freak. He visits the gym at least 4 times a week and have a superior body despite his crappy diet.
    He states that he trains at the gym so he can eat whatever he wants. It seems to work just fine...

cerebelumsdayoff is offline Senior Member
    It will catch up with him soon.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast