Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can I find Halal grass-fed meats and cheap places to buy organic foods etc? page

MumtazG38 is offline Member

Exclamation Where can I find Halal grass-fed meats and cheap places to buy organic foods etc?

Primal Fuel
    I live in Brooklyn and can't seem to figure out where to look to find HALAL grassfed meat!!! I'm not too fussed with stocking up a ton, as I'm willing to buy a bunch at once while remaining on a tight TIGHT budget! I was also hoping someone could help me find some really good places to buy some (cheap cheap) organic veggies and fruits along with primal style herbs,spices,oils and all of the other things that are included (i.e coconut milk, coconut flour, ghee, coconut oil(although I hate the taste...but I read it makes a mean ghee when mixed with butter) and primal style butter and greek yogurt and the likes).

I don't have a car and I really don't see myself running allover the city carrying grocery bags laden with good ol' primal goodies as I'm really new to NYC and don't do well with the commute situation so any place nearby and cheap would be great!

Anyone know any online stores or the likes I could order HALAL grassfed meat from or organic/locally grown sorts of things mentioned above???? There must be some out there that are affordable and packed with primalness...

Any help would be very much appreciated!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MumtazG38 View Post
    I live in Brooklyn and can't seem to figure out where to look to find HALAL grassfed meat!!!

I don't have a car and I really don't see myself running allover the city carrying grocery bags laden with good ol' primal goodies as I'm really new to NYC and don't do well with the commute situation so any place nearby and cheap would be great!

Anyone know any online stores or the likes I could order HALAL grassfed meat from or organic/locally grown sorts of things mentioned above???? There must be some out there that are affordable and packed with primalness...
    I've never run across halal grassfed but there is kosher grassfed and it's incredibly expensive. The shipping kills it. Ends up being close to $20/lb.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

MumtazG38 is offline Member
    HOLY #$%@! LMAO. That's insane......what should I do then? Should I just buy the meat I get from the local HALAL butcher's then? Would I still be able to lose weight and become healthy with that stuff?

AuH2Ogirl is offline Senior Member
    As far as I know, Muslims can eat kosher meat and I would think if you could find kosher grass-fed anywhere, you could find it in Brooklyn.

strom is offline Senior Member
    Go with organic halal meat if you can find it. Kosher organic is easier to find than grassfed meats (Kol foods is the main one).

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    I don't know where you live in Brooklyn, but have you thought about joining the Park Slope Food Coop? That is the best place to get cheap organic vegetables and fruit. You have to work there once a month for about 2.5 hours, but it's well worth it. There is almost no mark up on the food and it's much cheaper than regular stores. There is also a lot of great grassfed meat. I do not recall any Halal, but they do have some kosher meats. The meat is expensive compared to regular meat at supermarkets, but it's high quality and is cheaper compared to other grassfed outlets, I reckon.

http://foodcoop.com/

bwhit is offline Senior Member
    http://www.uddermilk.com/

This place claims to deliver grass fed halal meat to Brooklyn.

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    Even here in Boston finding halal meat is easy. There is a shop not 20 yards from here in my residential neighborhood that butchers its own goats. There are also a few of them in the wholesale business downtown that sell retail. I only mention this because if a provincial backwater like Boston has these businesses it should be no problem at all finding them in Brooklyn. I would suggest starting with a physical copy of the yellow pages.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    I find grass fed to be preferable to conventional in terms of taste, and how I feel, but it's not a necessity for losing weight. If you can find grass fed halal meat so much the better, but people are getting decent results eating Primaly without eating grass fed meat. I eat about 80/20 grass fed, and really notice a difference, but I'm an atheist, and have no use for kosher/halal designations. You can get/be healthy on conventional meats, I'd just read up on fish oil supplementation, and the Omega-3-6 ratios, and all that so you can make informed choices.

zaidaali is offline Junior Member

Halal organic chicken and halal grass fed beeff, lamb and goat

Norwich Meadows Farms has grass fed meat which you can pick up at Greenmarkets in the city Fri-Monday or shipped to your door (anywhere in the US). For more information, pleas email zaidaali_nmf@yahoo.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast