Thread: Ach, macro levels? page

craqers is offline Junior Member

Ach, macro levels?

Shop Now
    Hi,

I am very new to PB, actually hearing about Mark after going Keto one month ago. Yesterday was my first Official PB day.

I am really frustrated though. I know how important protein is but I am having a hard time getting the correct protein level without blowing right past my desired caloric intake while trying to lose this darn fat. I have cellulite everywhere and I want it gone! For now I want to keep the carbs between 5-10% of daily intake and I have been doing that but I am not losing anything. My ketone levels are no lower than 2.5. I have increased my activity level but it still is the protein that I struggle with getting. BTW, yesterday I increased what I want my protein level to be from 64 to 77 after I finished reading Primal Blueprint. I think 64 was too low.

Also, I don't know what to have for breakfast every morning, other than eggs and bacon or whatever other kind of meat.

Any ideas you can give me would really be appreciated.

Thanks everyone and have a fabulous day!

Wendy

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    5% carbs is very low. probably too low and most likely lower than you need to go.

what do you actually eat and what are your macros? have you lost any weight or inches on keto? how much do you want to lose?

are you exercising? if so, what do you do?

some women are more prone to cellulite than others, which totally sucks, i know, and while losing fat can help, lifting will do a better job of smoothing that out.

breakfast can be anything you'd normally eat during the day, including left-overs from dinner. right now i am eating strained kefir with coconut flakes.

eta: i am 5'2" and most days have no trouble consuming between 80-100 gms protein.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Though I'd love to get all of my protein from food, like you, I have a tough time without drinking at least one protein shake a day. This could also be the answer to your breakfast question - a protein shake. The best quality that you can afford.

Other ideas I've seen here. "Egg muffins" - not really muffins. You beat up some eggs like you would for scrambled. Put in any meat, veggies, etc., then bake it in muffin tins. Kind of like mini frittatas. Make in batches and freeze as they will defrost quickly on mornings when you don't have time to think about what to make.

Leftovers. If you're not having trouble figuring out what to eat for dinner, make enough for another meal, put it in the fridge and eat that for breakfast. If you concentrate on specific foods that we perceive as "breakfast" foods, you'll get hung up or bored. It's no more wrong to eat steak and asparagus for breakfast than it is to eat eggs and pork for supper.

I was going to suggest googling "paleo breakfasts," but after doing so myself, I see that too many of them seem to be the same old breakfasts except made with paleo flours. Not good if you're low carbing or watching calories. But if you're willing to wade through the lists, you might come up with some ideas.

Visit the Recipes forum here and see if you get any ideas.

Hope that was a little help.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

triplemwf is offline Member
    What are you eating? Personally, I think that 5% for carbs is too low. What caloric range are you in?

I am actively trying to lose weight so usually eat between 1500-1800 calories per day and keep my macros right around 50% fat, 30% protein, and 20% carbs and am usually coming in around 110g protein per day.

Without a better idea of what you are eating, it's hard to help answer your questions.

For what it's worth, I've easily lost 30lbs eating this way.

I post a lot of my meal ideas on Instagram and Facebook, feel free to take a look.
    Height: 5'1"
    High Weight: March 2010 - 236lbs & Low Weight: July 2011 - 134.8lbs
    Current weight 6/29/15 185.8lbs

Follow me on Instagram @podtastic_eats

Check out my blog! I'm a newbie PODTASTICEATS.wordpress.com

craqers is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone for your replies. I like the idea of leftovers for breakfast. I have a leftover hamburger pattie. . .hmmm.

I am 5"4' and keeping my calories between 1600 to 1800. My macros are carbs 5-10%, protein I have now increased to 20% and fat is generally at 70%.

The Keto program I was on said protein between 10-15 but after reading PB, I increased it to 20 but reading PB I am okay with my carb levels being low.

I did lose 8 pounds within the first three days of being on the Keto diet but since then really nothing. I have moved the belt loop from the second to the fourth hole so the weight must be coming off but the scale isn't moving.

I am determined to stick with it. I am getting much more active now too so that will help.

Anyway, again, thanks so much for your responses! I appreciate your thoughts.

For tomorrow's breakfast, hamburger!

Wendy

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    you don't say how much you want to lose?

unless you are eating to control seizures, 70% fat and 5% carbs is more extreme than you need to be. even atkins isn't that severe. adjust your protein to about 30%, lower the fat and up the carbs.

if you're losing inches, that's good though.

As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway