Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Journal for Raistlinlvr page

raistlinlvr is online now Senior Member

Journal for Raistlinlvr

Shop Now
    Im hoping I will stay on track better if I have my own journal. At 263lbs and being a sugar addict I'm sure this is going to be hard for me.

So far today things are not going well. I forgot my lunch at home so I hope I can find something acceptable at work. I had no ice so no iced coffee (and work cafeteria doesn't have iced coffee on Sundays).

So for bfast I ended up with a sobe lifewater (I know, not a good choice but they were out of unsweetened iced tea etc.) I have 1 egg with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, cinnamon, 6 grapes, one cube of honeydoo melon, one cube of cantelope, 1/4 cup of walnuts and 3 turkey sausage links.
    Hard to find nutritious food in a hospital cafeteria haha.

Slim pickings for lunch at work... But I did the best I could.
    Finally got that iced coffee (with half and half in it). I don't think I will ever do black coffee.
    I had about 3/4 cup of cauliflower with about 1/4 cup of cheddar on it. I also had 5 oz of steak with 1/4 cup broccoli, 1/4 cup mixed peppers and onions. They have some kind if sauce in it (I'm guessing it's a watered down teriyaki sauce) but I feel pretty good about what I picked.
    Everything else available has some kind of bread in it.
    I think I might be below my calorie goals today and feeling like I did pretty good with choices, overall I'm happy... Maybe I can do this.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Dinner we grilled some burgers I made with ground beef, scallions, mushrooms and spinach in them. Also made brats and salad (garden fresh lettuce)... So delicious, made extra for lunches during the week.... Overall my day was really good, tracked everything and I ate about 300 less calories than my maximum, I had about 62% fat, 28% protein and 10% carbs. This is probably the least amount of carbs I have ever eaten.

I wish I had some small snacks today, I got hungry for a while a few times before I could eat again.... Overall I feel it was successful

Even better... Checked my 2 hr post meal blood sugars, its 138 (much better than my usual 186). Im curious to see what my morning sugar will look like.

Today went well. Had a leftover burger patty (with spinach, scallions and mushrooms) for breakfast with some black olives and some cherry tomato.
    For lunch I had a leftover brat and an iced coffee.
    For dinner I had some leftover pork ribs with steamed squash, zucchini and kerrygold butter.
    As a snack Today I had a string cheese and I did have 2 maraschino cherries in my water and I had one bite size york peppermint patty. Glad I stopped myself at one and I didn't let myself have it until I did 20 squats and some other exercise first.
    I listened to study cds for my respiratory therapy license while I did some arm exercises with 10lb weights. I can't lift the 20 lb weights for exercise yet... Hope I can soon. I wonder how long it will take before I can move to 20lbs.

I've gone a few days without soda, I really wanted one today but I didn't drink it. I'm trying to be as good as I can for at least 6 days a week. I think that is a good start since I am trying to change so much of my life at once.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    hi Raistlinlvr, well done on ditching the soda and making the best food choices you can. Good luck with your exercise and your goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    hi Raistlinlvr, well done on ditching the soda and making the best food choices you can. Good luck with your exercise and your goals.
    Thanks so much. Its not been an easy thing the last few days, but I'm getting there. I don't know if it's typical or not but I feel like my brain is a little less foggy than normal.
    I already miss Chinese food (my favorite item is wonton soup). I've made this at home before and so I decided to stay up late preparing something similar but mostly primal (I was staying up late to do my boyfriend's laundry anyway). I'm going to have the soup for dinner tomorrow.
    It's a chicken based stock with several types of mushrooms, shredded broccoli, cabbage and carrots. Home grown scallions, garlic, fresh ginger, and homemade ginger-pork meatballs. There is a little bit of rice vinegar and imported brewed tamari (no wheat version)... But in much smaller amounts than I would normally use. I also added a bag of shirataki "noodles" the kind made of root veggies and no soy.

I'm pretty excited to try this for dinner tomorrow... I hope it helps me get past my love of weekly Chinese food.

Im hoping that since dinner is prepared I can get to the gym tomorrow morning and get my grocery shopping done too. Sometimes I feel like the more time I have, the less I get done.

I signed up for my test to get licensed for respiratory. Its on Friday at 1:30. I'm so nervous. Im an emotional eater so I really hope I do well.

vh67 is online now Senior Member
    Stood luck on your test!

I keep cut up crunchy vegetables in the fridge for those nervous/emotional eating moments. It usually helps.

Your soup sounds yummy!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just went shopping, got some baby carrots and some celery for crunchy veggies
    Thanks, I'm hoping the soup is good (it smells good) Can't wait to try it tonight!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast