Thread: French Canadian Newbie here! Here's my intro... page

Why not me? is offline Junior Member

French Canadian Newbie here! Here's my intro...

Shop Now
    Hello Primalers!

Your location: Montréal's suburbs, Canada

Age (If you want):just turned 45

How Primal are you: I started in June 2014, on and off, but realized lately I need to apply it to my life all the time, considering how confident and great I feel when I live "Primally". Also want to loose weight because I'm way above a healthy weight.

Do you consume dairy:non-lactose dairy but want to banish it from my diet

Do you drink coffee or tea: Yes, occasionally

Motivator for switching to Primal: My oversized body and the different aches and pains it gives me

Favorite exercise: I want to become a runner, do a 3 km run with my daughter Rosalie in the fall. Then I wish to find a super goal that seems undoable for me right now (like climbing the Machu Picchu or the Kilimandjaro) and work really hard until I achieve this extraordinary thing - Ideas anyone? - One person who inspires me is this thirty something girl next door/Montrealer Mylène Paquette who crossed the North Atlantic by rowing solo in a small boat!

Favorite Primal food: coconut butter (I make my own) and I love grilled meat!

Best part about being Primal: I can't wait to discover it when it's been a few months non-stop!

Worst part about being Primal: Socializing with non-primal friends/people

I've received the Primal Blueprint Journal for my birthday and I'm at Day 31, Go! Go! Go!

fredo is offline Junior Member
    Welcome. Hope you are enjoying being primal paleo. My blog apexpredatorpaleo.com has a recent post about my first 30 days 6 yrs ago. Check it out you might find some helpful hints

Thank you very much, I will go have a look!

Coccinellee is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I'm also a French Canadian! I know we are at least a few here!

I also love homemade coconut butter! I'm curious how you eat it. I eat it mixed with maple butter and it makes the best macarons I've ever eaten.

Hi! Happy to meet you! As for my coconut butter it's all natural with nothing added (and for any other nut butter). I love to cut apples in pieces and dip it in... Delicious! I'm curious to know how long you have been primal and what kind of difficulties you encounter. I often find it would be easier to live with this lifestyle on the West Coast where people usually are more open minded and tend towards better living (body-mind) than anywhere else.
    Ciao!

Coccinellee is offline Senior Member
    I'll have to try that once I can eat normal food again, sounds delicious!

I've been primal since August 2014 and I don't really know what I would have answered to you in May, but right now, the biggest hurdle is the lack of primal doctors. I had no choice to jump on the meds bandwagon after 2 weeks of suffering, I could not take it anymore. I'm so jealous of all these people who can go see these amazing doctors we read about online. They are only about 4000 km away from here and in another country.

So basically, sorry for not replying to you sooner.

Dwayne71 is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Bonjour ! Good luck