Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Random Unexplainable Weight Gain page

Kassmo19 is online now Senior Member

Random Unexplainable Weight Gain

Shop Now
    So, over the past 1.5 months I have gained around 6 or 7 pounds. Not a HUGE deal, but I am confused because I haven't made any dietary or fitness changes which would contribute. It's odd because ever since beginning LCHF my weight has been stable and I have been much less prone to holding water. Before, I was up and down 6 or 7 pounds every couple of weeks and suffering from bloating and stomach distention. I'm not freaking out as I am pretty lean and in good shape, but it was a bit shocking to see that number. Any ideas?

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    I assume you are female. Welcome to the club. W/o question, hormone fluctuations can do wacky things to our biology while we're not looking. It may be as simple as loading up on CAFO meats when our budgets groan under the grassfed burden. We may express our body's displeasure with a pollen overload by gaining weight (that's just from breathing.) Still, I believe you when you say YOU have changed nothing.;-)

lemontwisst is offline Senior Member
    How's your sleep and stress? Energy levels? Any chance of pregnancy?

Orange is offline Senior Member
    I've also gone through a similar experience recently, but my injury hasn't helped matters.

How many carbohydrates are you taking in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Paysan View Post
    I assume you are female. Welcome to the club. W/o question, hormone fluctuations can do wacky things to our biology while we're not looking. It may be as simple as loading up on CAFO meats when our budgets groan under the grassfed burden. We may express our body's displeasure with a pollen overload by gaining weight (that's just from breathing.) Still, I believe you when you say YOU have changed nothing.;-)
    Could definitely be hormones. I screwed up my hormones with being on the Depo shot for 5+ years... still do not have any sign of cycling soon.

Sleep is good, stress is always kind of there (along with a bit of minor depression/frustration in regards to finding a job in my field) and not pregnant. For the most part I feel decent!

Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    I've also gone through a similar experience recently, but my injury hasn't helped matters.

How many carbohydrates are you taking in a day?
    I don't count anything, but I reckon I take in about 50-100 carbs a day just depending on life. No fruit, no grains, and some starchy veggies. I get most carbs from veggies, nuts and no sugar added ice cream (small serving) at night.

Paysan is online now Senior Member
    Well, I guess you could wait to see if your natural cycle returns. The week prior to menstruation was always a puffy, emotional-wreck time for me.

Yup, I remember those days. It's been close to 7 years with NO cycle. I am not sure what I was thinking with staying on the Depo, but it was so easy and no need to remember anything except for once every three months. I've heard horror stories about women and the side effects AFTER getting off. It's just a waiting game now.

I thought at first the weight gain (after the first 2-3 pounds) could be from muscular growth as my fitness regimen and aim is to build muscle. But, there is no way I put on 6 or 7 pounds of lean body mass that fast. However, my clothes fit the same and I LOOK the same. Very odd!

gergirl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassmo19 View Post
    Yup, I remember those days. It's been close to 7 years with NO cycle. I am not sure what I was thinking with staying on the Depo, but it was so easy and no need to remember anything except for once every three months. I've heard horror stories about women and the side effects AFTER getting off. It's just a waiting game now.

I thought at first the weight gain (after the first 2-3 pounds) could be from muscular growth as my fitness regimen and aim is to build muscle. But, there is no way I put on 6 or 7 pounds of lean body mass that fast. However, my clothes fit the same and I LOOK the same. Very odd!
    Perhaps you added knowledge from surfing this forum and your head is heavier now *lol*.
    Wait and see
    Question: What about your cycle? Can you explain? Since I have none for 6 months now, I am interested! If it isn't too personal to ask?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast