Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Primal Blueprint Journal (6packbound) page

6packbound is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Journal (6packbound)

Shop Now
    Day 1 of my 21 day transformation challenge:

I am 34, female, 5'2, 135lbs, with 2 kids (both cesarian)
    Always been into athletics, started primal living October 2013. Sugar is my nemisis and is the thing that throws me completely off course.

I did awesome primally for the last 3 months of pregnancy. My diet was fantastic particularly. Now DD2 is 3 mos old and I am stress eating SUGAR. Its really DD1 who is 3 years old causing me all the grief. Wow, what a handful! I am teetering back and forth between pre pregnancy clothes fitting and not.

Time to get serious and decrease my stress, get healthy and build some muscle to manage these crazy little girls (hopefully with a relaxed, fun-filled mindset).

B: 1c fresh raspberries, 1/4c nuts and seeds, 1/4c ff coconut milk
    L: 2c HM chicken-vegetable soup
    S: 1 small piece watermelon
    D:large green salad with bacon, cashew dressing, 1 1/2c HM cream (ff coconut milk) of asparagus soup

exercise: LHT 15min
    livingroom dancing with kids 30 min
    45 min walk - slow

2 hr nap - oh yeah!!

I dont expect to see a 6 pack while still breastfeeding, but one day.....if I can tame the sugar beast....
    Last edited by 6packbound; 05-27-2015 at 05:14 PM.

Day 2
    I've decided to to a full 30 days of the transformation challenge...the longer I stay away from sugar the better. My eyes are super dry - as they always are the first couple days after eliminating sugar.

I am betting only a couple of weeks of this will have my pants fitting much more comfortably. I have a wedding to attend at the end of August that I would love to look and feel slim and fit at - Having a longer term goal is always helpful to me. Bathing suit season is pretty well starting anytime now though and not feeling so confident about doing that quite yet - having a 3 year old means I will be going swimming no matter what so better get on it!

I spent a couple hours on the forum last night reading and looking at primal selfies/handstands Good motivation! Nice to see other moms bring their bodies back to awesome after having babies.

B: 3 eggs, 3 slices of bacon
    L: 1 1/2c HM cream of asparagus soup, cucumber slices with cashew dressing
    Snack:handful raw cashews
    D:1 apple with 2 Tbsp almond butter, 1 med carrot

Exercise:40min brisk walk with 2 major hills. (tried running for the first time in a year but it didn't feel great on my belly - probably from the surgery. Will wait till there is a little less jiggle and then try again).

The baby didn't sleep well at all last night, so I was up quite a lot. She has never had a poor night's sleep before so chances are good this is a one time thing. I will try to get a nap in again today if I can get the girls to sleep at the same time.

No nap, will go to bed early
    Last edited by 6packbound; 05-28-2015 at 07:02 PM.

Day 3

Feel tired and irritable. an entire bar of chocolate would make me feel better (temporarily) in an instant. Not going to go there - in a couple of days I will feel good again.

B: 1 1/2c strawberries/raspberries, 1/4c nuts/seeds, 1/4c ff coconut milk
    Snack: 2 handfuls of nuts/seeds, 1 apple
    L: 3 eggs, 1/2 tomato, mustard
    D: 1 1/2 small boneless bbq pork chops, 1/4c applesauce, 12 large grilled asparagus spears

exercise:lots of slow walking at the park/splashpad - 3 hrs
    15min dancing in livingroom w/ kids
    Last edited by 6packbound; 05-29-2015 at 07:16 PM.

Day 4

Out visiting friends today, my girlfriend made a beautiful meal.

B: 1c strawberries/raspberries, 1/4c seeds/nuts, 1/4c ff coconut milk
    L: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 med carrots
    Snack: 1 fresh apple, a couple handfuls apple chips-100% dried apple (this was instead of the potato chips everyone else was eating)
    D: 1 1/2 beef patties (no filler)/tomatoes/pickles/mustard, 1 chicken leg, grilled asparagus, 1/2c potato salad w/ paleo approved avocado dressing, 1 glass red wine (passed up the bun, corn on the cob and dessert so felt like the potato and wine was reasonable and polite)

exercise: 45 min hike - very treacherous terrain (serious workout with a 14lb front baby carrier)

Day 5

Very tired today. Was going to do LHT but will take a rest day instead (except for 3 loads of laundry). Dinner out at fancy restaurant for MIL's birthday.

B:1c strawberries/raspberries, 1/4c seeds/nuts, 1/4c ff coconut milk
    L: 1 apple, 2T almond butter, 2 hard boiled eggs
    D:10oz beef tenderloin, field greens salad with strawberries/goat cheese, grilled asparagus and broccolini, 1 glass white wine.

If anyone is following: any improvements to diet I could be making? (keeping in mind I am currently breastfeeding an infant and require 500 extra calories (I believe)).

PoisonIvy is offline Senior Member
    Just found your diary.

I have children of similar ages. Phew that is hard work!
    I started to rely on sugar to push me through the day too, not the best idea in the world.
    I'm on day 8 of the 'transformation' As a side note day 3 was the cravings day for me too.

I'm no expert, there are plenty of people on this forum that would do that. but everyone take is a bit different.
    Are you counting macros or are you just going whole food & eating intuitively.

If you don't lose weight you maybe eating to much. I just have to keep a close eye on my milk supply.

Thanks for replying! Yes, I am eating whole foods intuitively. Ive already lost 3lbs (of bloat im guessing, but Ill take it!). Breastfeeding makes me hungry. Dont think I will be IF'ing for a while - hungry in the mornings.

Yes food elimination experiments work wonders. Through one I discovered i was sensitive to dairy,corn, wheat and peanuts. Lost 7 lbs in a week from the belly bloat disappearing. Honestly I have been pretty happy replacing dairy with full fat coconut milk (in smoothies, soup, curry, omelets, fruit and coconut milk popsicles and occasionally some "so delicious" coconut milk icecream). I also find I can manage goats dairy (cheese/yogurt)- I eat it infrequently though because I can't find organic.

day 6
    I am finding myself feeling a little lost/anxious in the evenings: I had gotten back into the habit of snacking after the kids were in bed while I surf the net or watch a show....usually something sugary (one day last week I had a bar of lindt white chocolate, and 2 maple syrup tarts (butter tarts) - in one night!! This was definitely the peak of the sugar beast and the reason I knew I had to get back to primal ASAP!! Now, I am not actually craving the sugar but I feel like I don't know what to do with myself....having a glass of water helps. I didn't realise how much comfort was involved in that ritual.

B: 1c blueberries/strawberries, 1/4c seeds/nuts, 1/4c ff coconut milk
    L: 3 eggs, 1/2 tomato, mustard
    D: 2 tunafish cakes, 2 med carrots, 2 T almond butter

Exercise: 45min slow walk to get eggs at near by farm, 14lb baby in front carrier.
    Last edited by 6packbound; 06-02-2015 at 08:18 AM.

Day 7
    Not feeling great...thought it was low blood sugar because I didn't eat till 10am. But it didn't help so I tried eating some fat - a spoonful of coconut milk which was a little better so then I had a Tablespoon of almond butter, no different. Tried drinking water, nope.....its been an hour now hopefully it resolves itself - kids are a handful enough when I am feeling well!

B: 3 eggs, 1/3 leftover tuna cake, 1/2 tomato, 1T ff coconut milk, 1T almond butter
    L: blueberry smoothie - coconut milk, almond butter, spinach, blueberries, salt, vanilla
    D:apple, pork chop, green beans
    Snack: apple with almond butter (3 year old woke up with a bad dream so she ate half

Felt better after the smoothie....dehydration? Sugar withdrawal?
    Last edited by 6packbound; 06-03-2015 at 06:40 AM.

The nOOb is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I hear this talk of carb flu. I never really had it (one day I woke up feeling craptastic but that's been about it), however, in the posts I've been reading here lots of people will feel like they're sick as their body 'detoxes' from the bad stuff-hopefully that's all it is and it goes away soon!

I can't offer advice on modifications as I'm still quite the noob.

Question tho, ff coconut milk=fat free or farm fresh? (LOL...see? noob...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast