Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poison Ivy Grows page

PoisonIvy is online now Senior Member

Poison Ivy Grows

Shop Now
    I am 31 a mother of 4 and a housewife. This is my world, the best part of who I am but also all I am.

I grew up very quickly with my first child being born just after my 18th birthday. A lack of resilience and depression led me to have my worthiness as a person intertwined with my ability to please & my body image. This along with an obsessive personality is the perfect storm for perhaps distorted eating and a person who needs hobbies and interests outside of being a caregiver.

Almost 3 years ago I married the most amazing & supportive man. He makes me feel special & beautiful. I am so lucky! We have two children together (under two), I'm tired!

I say all this because I want to get off this rollercoaster of depressive thinking which has never served me well. My poor husband (I'm also an example to 3 girls who will one day be women). I am convinced that the dark cloud that follows me around is diet & inflammation related.

So having said this. I'm starting the 'Primal Blue print 21 day transformation' tomorrow.

GOALS

1. Reduce inflammation. This entails removing dairy for my diet for a minimum of 21 days. Experiments with doing this have never lasted more then 2 days. Given that dairy has been the hardest thing for me to give up only confirms my suspicion of intolerance. The results of doing this in the past have been a lifting of the 'brain fog'

2. Learn to play & explore.

3. Explore ways to give myself peace.

What an experiment this will be. I hope you stop by to help me out along the way!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Hello PoisonIvy, you have some great things going for you as you embark on this primal lifestyle and way of eating. What better gift can you give your family than to be a happy healthy wife and mother. You are worth it and you can do this. Al the best for your 21day transformation!!!! Grow, Ivy, Learn and Grow.

LoraEwinaga is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ivy!
    Thanks for stopping by my journal! I'm glad it has been inspiring to you I can totally relate to what you describe as your 'black cloud'. I've accepted for years that depression is something that runs in my family, and only recently I've decided that it doesn't have to be like this for the rest of my life. Working on this aspect of my life proves the hardest of all, but I'm making progress

I whish you all the best with your primal journey, dietary as well as mentally

Thanks Annie. Family is such gift, they just make me want to be a better people. But dang its hard work.

Hey Lora, That is so true. Working on yourself is the hard part. You can have all the nutrition information in the world but it isn't going to help you when times get tough. I am a huge believer in the gut/brain connection.

First day of my '21 day total body transformation' (just amusing myself, I love saying that),
    First day without dairy.
    Today was filled with tantrums, tears & smelly nappies as well as kisses, hugs and smiles.

FOOD
    WARNING: Pretentious meal naming ahead. I told you I need a hobby...

2 eggs, mushrooms, tomato & bacon, 2 TBS olive oil & 1/2 a Pear
    With black coffee.

Italian meatball salad - 5 garlic, onion & oregano meat balls, 1 slow roasted tomato in olive oil, olives & white onion with olive oil & balsamic vinegar. Warm Lemon water
    P_20150525_115230_1.jpg

One pot Lemon & Thyme Chicken - Chicken thigh, carrot, celery, onion, tomato paste, can of crushed tomatoes, lemon rind & thyme.
    1 Apple & Green tea

EXERCISE

Working on Primal essential movements
    Have decided that Mark's essential movements for women must include Pelvic floor exercise.

Didn't walk today - between an extremely grumpy & teething baby & a very sore back I just couldn't lug the pram around.
    While pregnant with my forth child a previous back injury flared up to the point of being given crutches to support myself while walking. So now have pain transfer down my leg which I didn't have before.
    Not good enough if I want to get better - tomorrow I walk.

SUN & SLEEP
    Sun - 5 minutes on torso, legs and arms - felt good! Try it if you haven't!
    Got to bed by 9:30, one night time feed & woke up naturally at 6.45. Oh how I miss you sleep.
    Last edited by PoisonIvy; 06-01-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Second day, no dairy. I think I can do this
    Today there was flopping on the floor 'NO' tantrums & my walk involved two intermissions for 1. a poopy nappy & 2. Some potty training. On the flip side today there was a happy clapping baby.

FOOD

1 Egg & 1 strip of bacon with a black coffee

Italian meatball salad with black coffee

Chicken & Leek Shepards pie - Chicken thigh, leek, carrot, onion & potato mashed potato (argh no milk or butter) with olive oil. Extra for tomorrows dinner.
    1 juicy Pink Lady Apple + Lemon green tea

EXERCISE

Primal Essential movements - unweighted until my back is stronger.
    Oh & minus the pull up bar - like who actual has one of these. I did triceps dips instead (got any better ideas what to replace a pull up bar with, any one?)

35 minute treadmill walk with my heart rate between 55 & 75% of maximum bpm. That was a great pace & my back was happy too.

FUN IN THE SUN & SLEEP

Play - hmm life got in the way... must try harder with this one.
    Sun - 15 minutes - torso, legs & arms
    Sleep - 10pm do you think I can sleep through tonight?

lujo238 is offline Member
    Two days down and your doing great.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    yep, looking good, keep it up

jrosto is offline Senior Member
    You are doing an awesome job Ma'am. These first 21 days can change your life, they sure did mine

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Aww all you guys are so sweet!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast