Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training Brazilian jiu jitsu page

JIUjitsuJOE is offline Member

Training Brazilian jiu jitsu

Shop Now
    I train 6 days a week and if you know anything about my sport it is a full body workout what kinda carbs do you suggest I take in cause when it hits day 5 and 6 iam dragging my butt I train from 10am to 1pm and then I hit the night classes which is from 5pm to 9pm Monday threw Friday and day 6 is just Saturday from 12 to 2 and i live by a paleo diet and tips??????

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    I'm not nay-saying but why in the world do you train so much?!? That has got to be detrimental and doing more damage than good. You're basically doing 2 a days. You don't need more carbs necessarily. You need more rest.

That said, have more sweet potatoes, potatoes, and rice. If I were training that much Id eat whatever and as much as I wanted. Be careful, you can't keep this up for long.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member
    white rice, potato, sweet potato, winter squash, yuca and some of my personal mainstays for 5 days of my own martial arts training. Though it's usually only one 2-hour session for those days.

I train that much cause my body can handle it I just get alittle bit tired at the end of the week iam a brown belt and have been training for over 12 years in my sport since I went paleo iam faster stronger and my cardio is better than it has ever been I do rest and its on Sunday I don't run or lift or really anything but bjj plus being paleo I don't eat dairy or drink caffeine or have any sugar intake besides my fruit intake or carbs only heathy carbs like sweet potatos or veggie carbs. Iam very very passionate about my sport and live my life on the mats maybe you should try find a bjj school near you and try it it might like it too....

And I have lost 35 pounds and back to my fighting weight which is 167 where I won all my other titles at that weight just YouTube Joseph montano bjj and you can see my fights please do so plus you can see have big I got when I was not eating right!

WeldingHank is online now Senior Member

Lol lol now that made me laugh that a good one lol but very true lol....

flick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JIUjitsuJOE View Post
    I train 6 days a week and if you know anything about my sport it is a full body workout what kinda carbs do you suggest I take in cause when it hits day 5 and 6 iam dragging my butt I train from 10am to 1pm and then I hit the night classes which is from 5pm to 9pm Monday threw Friday and day 6 is just Saturday from 12 to 2 and i live by a paleo diet and tips??????
    Where do you train bro? I'm a brown belt in NYC under Marcelo

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    We should start a brown belts group. I train in NJ under Royler (indirectly, of course).
    The Champagne of Beards

Learn More
    Well let's do it iam down just won gold this last Saturday feelin great the power of food bro......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast