Thread: Slithering feeling..... page

Kassmo19 is offline Senior Member

Slithering feeling.....

Shop Now
    Yes, a slithering feeling, in my patellar tendon, shin, and calf on my left leg. I have NO pain whatsoever, but throughout the day I will feel a slithering feeling in these areas. It almost feels like my tendons are moving around. I was doing weighted bench step ups and it felt like sweat was running down my shin, but I looked, and there was nothing. It comes and go's. What the F is this? The only thing I can think of is some type of tension somewhere (hip, quad, hamstring) that is pulling on my tendon? I'm getting sick of these things popping up, I'm 27!

Jenry Hennings is offline Senior Member

Slithering feeling.....

Edited because I made a knob joke.

interesting...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Most likely a small muscle or part of a muscle contracting or twitching. Supplemental magnesium might help if that's the case, or more rest between workouts. Might need a massage to loosen up some knots that are pushing on a nerve. Could be a lot of things.
    The remainder is an unjustifiable, egotistical power struggle
    At the expense of the American dream, American dream
    Of the American

We don`t give a damn about your world
    With all your global profits
    And all your jeweled pearls
    We don`t give a damn about your world
    Right now, right now!

I think it has to be something along those lines! It started in the other knee today. If it was painful I would go see a doctor, but like I said, no pain, thankfully. The hubby massaged the crap out of the bottom half of the vastus lateralis muscle and it loosened up for a few hours. Foam roller on that part of my quad hurt so I am guessing its tight! Thanks!

gergirl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kassmo19 View Post
    Yes, a slithering feeling, in my patellar tendon, shin, and calf on my left leg. I have NO pain whatsoever, but throughout the day I will feel a slithering feeling in these areas. It almost feels like my tendons are moving around. I was doing weighted bench step ups and it felt like sweat was running down my shin, but I looked, and there was nothing. It comes and go's. What the F is this? The only thing I can think of is some type of tension somewhere (hip, quad, hamstring) that is pulling on my tendon? I'm getting sick of these things popping up, I'm 27!
    Kind of "funny", my left knee is bothering me, too. In two weeks I can see a doc. It is hurting around my knee, feeling like I must stretch my quads all the time or the knee is locked and pain is walking around the kbee cap. There is a point that hurts when I press above the knee cap. Although it feels like I could squat I do not. I am afraid of hurting and making things worse...try to train around until I know what's going on. Weird!

You may have some tendonitis, especially since there is a specific point of pain. My workout felt fine this morning, no pain, a little bit of the weird feeling, but not painful. I feel like I need to stretch my shin all day though, which is really hard to do!

I think you should see a doctor
    I feel so isolated as every day I search for others like me, I havn't found them yet but I will one day...

This was resolved! I was overstretching hamstrings and under stretching my quads. Tight quad muscles were pulling the tendons and muscles around my knee - thus the slithering feeling. At least this is the conclusion I have come to.

qngdaxop is offline Junior Member
    Learn More
    My workout felt fine this morning, no pain, a little bit of the weird feeling, but not painful.