Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW Tidy Magic Thread page

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member

The NEW Tidy Magic Thread

Shop Now
    Because we need it (the thread and the magic) back!

KonMarie, KM'ing - the magic of discarding what doesn't bring you joy

Discuss, ask questions, tell us of your progress and how it is bringing magic, or change, to your life.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Today I threw away something... I'm not sure what it was. It was in the back of my fridge. It smelled rank. It gave me no joy. LOL

Truly though, I like this thread, and I'm glad you brought it back.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Meant2Move is offline Senior Member
    Dang, where is that laughing gif when I need it?

No joy indeed, Joanie. I'm in a hotel so have limited options on what to toss, but happened to have some truly hideous nail polish in my travel bag for some reason and it will not be making the trip home with me. We do what we can where we can, right?
    M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
    - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Yeah it's back! Thanks M2M!
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    i'm lurking

hi
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

HeuristicFireFlower is offline Senior Member
    Just downloaded the book on Kindle. Will be reading and digesting for a bit as I ready mentally for the Big Purge.
    I think a Chocolate Angel Pie slice is called for.....it is too Primal! The bag of chocolate chips said so.

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    Yay! Was sad when I realised the original thread would have been lost! Argh. We had good notes in there.

Hey hum, even the Universe tidies with random forum post deletions!

Can't remember if I discarded anything last night but I did get through another to-do list and the momentum for tidying around the house continues. I may allocate myself a night off tonight, at least from a planned list, and just go with the flow. I have a list-ful week ahead with holiday packing to prepare

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    I really need some motivation to begin to tackle my spare room. I look in there and I feel a slightly panicky feeling, so many decisions to make and so much cleaning to do (shelves covered in dust)! I never finished reading The Book, perhaps if I did I'd find the motivation and clarity I need to overcome this obstacle.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

AutumnTiger is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I really need some motivation to begin to tackle my spare room. I look in there and I feel a slightly panicky feeling, so many decisions to make and so much cleaning to do (shelves covered in dust)! I never finished reading The Book, perhaps if I did I'd find the motivation and clarity I need to overcome this obstacle.
    I guess motivation maybe comes from how far you got with the book. But bear in mind that her method is by category not by location, so maybe that would help you - to go in there looking only for the items in the category, starting with clothes, and sub-categorised by types of clothes, if you need.

Have you applied the method to the rest of your space or is the spare room your white elephant?

I'll re-post in case this is one of the ones that went missing, but although I got the impression from first reading her book that this is a quick one-off exercise, she talks about quick being up to about six months. It is easy to overlook this in the way she talks about people getting rid of twenty or thirty garbage bags.

I have started with clothes but I find myself being generally more mindful of my other possessions as well. I'm also more likely to tidy up behind myself. The improvements have been noticeable.

One final thought on your spare room, if that really is where and what you would feel would make the most impact, perhaps start by examining items one by one just starting with the nearest thing to the door. Is there anywhere else you can find for the things you choose to keep?

Best of luck

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am liking the look of this. I will probably get the kindle version and have a go, thanks.
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now up to around 101lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast