Thread: College girl going Paleo, help please! page

coolbarby20 is offline Junior Member

College girl going Paleo, help please!

Shop Now
    Hey all,

I've decided to lose some extra pounds, so I'm going to use the Paleo way, as it seems the best diet out there.

But I'm new to all this and the more I look, the more I get overwhelmed with various solutions.
    So, I need a complete but affordable package to kick start my new Paleo lifestyle and I'd like to get some info on solutions I found so far, if you please.

http://paleodietmethod.com (it looks really cool, an all in one package, I think)
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com (of course it has to be on the list, but haven't tried it yet)
    http://www.ultimatepaleoguide.com (great resource, but a bit too much for a newbie like me, I'm afraid)
    http://paleodietrecipecookbook.com (although nice, I'm not looking for recipes alone).

So, could you please recommend me any of the above, if you have experience with it? Or, add your solution.

Thanks and have a great Paleo day

Barby

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    For weight loss, what worked for me was a drastic reduction of sugar and starchy carbohydrates to 50 grams or less per day. I confined them to dinner time, as my reward for the day. I increased protein and fat intake. I really didn't track my daily intake but I had a minimum of 50 grams of protein for breakfast, as advised by Dr. Jack Kruse. Following his protocol, I also increased my intake of omega-3 and iodine rich seafood like sardines (good for the budget too), inexpensive canned wild salmon, shrimp and dried seaweed. I leaned heavily on Mark's Daily Apple to introduce sensible exercise into my routine as well.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Mostly real food that grows on plants and animals but doesn't come in boxes, packets or plastic bottles.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbarby20 View Post
    Hey all,

I've decided to lose some extra pounds, so I'm going to use the Paleo way, as it seems the best diet out there.

But I'm new to all this and the more I look, the more I get overwhelmed with various solutions.
    So, I need a complete but affordable package to kick start my new Paleo lifestyle and I'd like to get some info on solutions I found so far, if you please.

Paleo Diet Method | Paleo Diet, Paleo Plan, Paleo Recipes (it looks really cool, an all in one package, I think)
    Mark's Daily Apple (of course it has to be on the list, but haven't tried it yet)
    Ultimate Paleo Guide (great resource, but a bit too much for a newbie like me, I'm afraid)
    Paleo Diet Recipe Cookbook - Get the best paleo diet recipes, guides and shopping lists for every meal including desserts and smoothies! (although nice, I'm not looking for recipes alone).

So, could you please recommend me any of the above, if you have experience with it? Or, add your solution.

Thanks and have a great Paleo day

Barby
    You really don't need to buy anything, IMO. Just do some research and self-experimentation. Mark's Daily Apple has a bunch of free materials on the site. There are also TONS of paleo recipe websites that are free out there. Just search "paleo ___(chicken/beef/veggie/dish of choice/etc.)____ recipe" and you'll find the recipe you want.

IF you want an "authoritative book", I recommend Perfect Health Diet (search amazon for book) above all of the sites you've listed. However, it will still take some personal tweaking to figure out what works for you.

(BTW- most young females, especially college-aged and below, seem to NOT fare very well on low carb. Just eat unprocessed foods: potatoes, yams, fruit, meat, seafood, eggs, dairy, veggies, and etc. and see what particular set of macros work for you.)
    Last edited by TQP; 04-28-2015 at 06:25 AM.

Vainamoinen is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by coolbarby20 View Post
    Paleo Diet Method | Paleo Diet, Paleo Plan, Paleo Recipes (it looks really cool, an all in one package, I think)
    Mark's Daily Apple (of course it has to be on the list, but haven't tried it yet)
    Ultimate Paleo Guide (great resource, but a bit too much for a newbie like me, I'm afraid)
    Paleo Diet Recipe Cookbook - Get the best paleo diet recipes, guides and shopping lists for every meal including desserts and smoothies! (although nice, I'm not looking for recipes alone).

I don't know any of these except for Mark's Daily Apple - which, as it happens, isn't really Paleo, although it's kind of similar. (The Perfect Health Diet, also mentioned in this thread is not Paleo either and actually rather dissimilar in some ways. Indeed, the author of it was actually rather abusive towards Professor Cordain the originator of the Paleo Diet. Cordain easily put him in his place on Jimmy Moore's show. I'd personally not bother with that one.)

Mark's Daily Apple is, of course, highly recommended.

I guess you could take a look at Robb Wolf's site:

Home

You might also look up the Whole 30 people. A lot of people going Paleo start with that:

The Whole30 Program - As featured in the New York Times bestselling book, It Starts With Food