Thread: Protein chart question

Protein chart question

Shop Now
    Is there an easy to read protein chart ? I still have trouble figuring out how much protein to eat. So many grams per lean body mass? Anyone else have this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo Princess View Post
    Is there an easy to read protein chart ? I still have trouble figuring out how much protein to eat. So many grams per lean body mass? Anyone else have this issue?
    Are you active and doing strength training? The literature is less than convincing to me, but I think 1g/kg of bodyweight (not lean mass) is a decent ABSOLUTE minimum for someone who isn't training hard or trying to lose weight, while 1g/lb of bodyweight should be considered a good target for those who are strength training and active, or just trying to take advantage of the satiating nature of protein to help them improve their body composition. That said, it's probably a good idea for strength athletes to err on the high side. I try to get between 160-200g/day (not that I am diligent about counting) as a 155-160 lb powerlifter and active grappler.
    The Champagne of Beards

Thank you for your reply

Shop Now
    Yep about 1 to 2g per kg.

Note the proteins foods such as meat/fish/chicken are only about 25% protein of their weight (should be measured before cooking).

So a 200g steak (about Palm sized) is about 50g protein (not 200g of protein).