Thread: Primal nutrition and PCOS page

Patricia123 is offline Junior Member

Primal nutrition and PCOS

Shop Now
    Have any of you ladies ever been diagnosed with PCOS? How has that been affected by adopting primal nutrition? Any change in your symptoms? Any symptoms the same? What say you?

(I believe I have an undiagnosed case of this) Thanks.

Patricia

Puddleglumish is offline Member
    I was diagnosed with PCOS a long time ago. My oldest child is now nearly 17 and it took a lot of medical knowhow to make him possible. Eliminating grains and dairy has reduced my weight, alleviated depression and removed many other problems but as far as I am aware the PCOS remains. That's fine in some ways as I don't want any more children but the hirsutism is annoying!
    In the past year I have discovered that I am gluten, grain, dairy and legume intolerant.

I am trying to make sense of it all through my blog: http://www.goingagainstthegrain.co.uk

Filet Minion is offline Junior Member
    I actually just got checked for PCOS because I was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. Both feature insulin resistance, so one suggestion I would make from a nutritional standpoint is be sure to include foods that improve insulin sensitivity. Mark had a great list of various things that do just that, and personally I've found that green tea and natto both improve my glucose control. Here's his full list: How To Improve Insulin Sensitivity | Mark's Daily Apple

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    primal eating and keeping within the carb curve dampens and reverses a lot of my symptoms and regulates my period, yeah
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I used to think I was funny until I met Kathy Griffin. Iím gonna have to call my mama and have her tell me how good I am. - ginger minj

Sb-Bb is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Filet Minion View Post
    I actually just got checked for PCOS because I was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes. Both feature insulin resistance, so one suggestion I would make from a nutritional standpoint is be sure to include foods that improve insulin sensitivity. Mark had a great list of various things that do just that, and personally I've found that green tea and natto both improve my glucose control. Here's his full list: How To Improve Insulin Sensitivity | Mark's Daily Apple
    thanks so much for the link