Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am i primal, almost primal, or confused. page

kaleel is online now Junior Member

Am i primal, almost primal, or confused.

Shop Now
    new to this forum so...Hi!

I was hoping to get some quick feedback from you guys and see whether I've got this right. I understand there will definitely be room for improvement but just want to see if I'm getting there nutrition wise. here's roughly what I've been doing for the last week:

- Get up and have a coffee with some double cream and a spoon of brown sugar

- an hour or so later, or when I get hungry I have a protein shake with almond milk and a couple of fruits (usually apples, tomatoes or tangerines)

- when I get hungry next I usually have around 5 eggs with mushrooms, peppers. scrambled in either grass-fed butter or coconut oil.

- if i'm hungry before dinner I'll usually snack on some sort fruit and a few nuts (usually spicy ones from a recipe I found on here...delicious)

- dinner is usually some sort of meat (any cut) or fish with veggies...usually have some roasted squash with it too

- have a couple of fish oil caps and a multivit

That's pretty much it! sometimes I swap the eggs with left overs from dinner the day before. I reckon I could eat more veggies, so I'm actively trying to do more on that side of things. I also have another shake after training (twice a week, weights), sometimes with a banana.

Typing the above diet was actually difficult because I come from a background where I would track calories, and have set meals but I found I would always burn out after a while. I like the idea of being more relaxed in this area and just eating when my body wants me to.

anyways, I could go on but would like to have your feedback on this. as per subject, am I there...almost here...or completely lost

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Looks to me like you are pretty much there!

Good on ya

good to hear

first weigh-in saw me lose just over 4.5lbs and half an inch off the waist, significant for me as that usually only happens on a very low carb diet. always nice getting off to a quick start.

Galactic Dev is offline Junior Member

Well done

That looks pretty primal to me. The sugar in your coffee is your "indulgence" (I hate the word "cheat"), and I'd try to add some more veggies in, but that's all nitpicky.

Artbuc is offline Senior Member
    Drop the almond milk.

pkjody is online now Member
    ^^^^ This if you can. Opt for high fat dairy selections instead if you can tolerate them. Otherwise looks good.

I actually used to have milk in my daily shake albeit skimmed, however I read that milk was highly insulinogenic so i tried to look for an alternative and came across almond milk. With the advice given in this thread i went and had a look at the back of the almond milk and realized it's got a fair bit other stuff in it...there was me thinking it was just almonds and water!

I don't have any trouble digesting milk so if there is general consensus that having full fat milk would be definitely better than almond milk for me....then happy days! much prefer regular milk.

Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Dev View Post
    That looks pretty primal to me. The sugar in your coffee is your "indulgence" (I hate the word "cheat"), and I'd try to add some more veggies in, but that's all nitpicky.
    absolutely my indulgence , though i still get a little guilty feeling ...it used to be white and two sugars, then went to brown and two sugars, then made my way down to brown and one sugar... next stop half a spoon of brown sugar. Hopefully will be down to zero in a couple of weeks.

firstly - don't label yourself or your diet - find out what works for you.
    secondly - yes more veg ! cooked, raw. add a huge salad to that eggy meal.
    and read around the subject so you have lots of perspectives on the different ways people eat to suit their own lives under the 'grain -free' banner.
    don't be afraid to experiment on yourself - for me it doesn't matter how much sweet potato I eat, I start to fade if I don't eat potatoes about once a week ( and it's chips from the chippy ! )

but mostly - enjoy - it's a fab way to live

diedebvm is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Opt for high fat dairy selections instead if you can tolerate them. Otherwise looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast