Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for breakfast? page

Courtsgoneprimal is offline Junior Member

What's for breakfast?

Shop Now
    What varieties of food do you eat for breakfast? I rarely eat until 10 or 11am, but before primal it was always SAD breakfast.....Some sort of grain with my eggs, or pancakes, etc....But now I have just been eating eggs, and then an hour later I'm hungry again. And I don't know if that's normal during the transition, or if it's because I'm not making up the calories I'd normally get from grains? I've figured out that I am going to have to reprogram my preferences. Other than occasional tenderloin or steak for breakfast, meat and veggies has always been a dinner thing for me. And now I have no idea what to eat for breakfast besides eggs or an omelette, which is great, but I don't want to eat omelettes every morning. What do you eat for breakfast all week?

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    I mostly just have coffee with coconut milk (or rice milk, or regular milk) and gelatin. I know a lot of people on here just skip breakfast and have their first meal at lunch.

Otherwise, it's either a ton of fruit, some rice-coconut porridge, leftovers, savory egg custard, savory crepes, or egg+applesauce "pancakes" for "breakfast." I don't really eat different foods based on whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Galactic Dev is offline Junior Member
    Once I'm good and hungry, I eat some unsweetened full fat yogurt with some nuts, berries, and spices (cinnamon/nutmeg/cacao).

Courtsgoneprimal is offline Junior Member
    Ooh, you put coconut milk in your coffee? I'm going to have to try that, and maybe I can give up my creamer Ok. I think I'll just plan to do the big ass salad for lunch, and I'll just put my eggs in that. And I'll get some fruit, if I can keep it in the house. I may have to hide some, lol.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Coconut yogurt/kefir or regular greek yogurt, cottage cheese with fruit, etc. are all good "breakfast" options. You can even make toasted coconut flake+ rice puff (or quinoa puff) "cereal" or make granola with dried fruit, nuts, coconut etc. but honestly I never bother. I just eat really simple meals these days...

pkjody is offline Senior Member
    I'm a creature of FAR too much habit I suppose. I only eat breakfast 4 days a week generally. Almost always it's a 2 to 3 egg (pastured or free range) omelet with a good helping of veggies, sometimes some cheese, and a cup of black coffee.

I need to branch out! I will take that back a little though. I have been known to have cottage cheese and some berries at times...

pkjody is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtsgoneprimal View Post
    Ooh, you put coconut milk in your coffee? I'm going to have to try that, and maybe I can give up my creamer Ok. I think I'll just plan to do the big ass salad for lunch, and I'll just put my eggs in that. And I'll get some fruit, if I can keep it in the house. I may have to hide some, lol.
    I do the big ass salad for lunch and have for awhile now. You'd think one would tire of it but you can customize it so much it never gets old! I see your from IN as well. Me too!!

Green~Tara is offline Senior Member
    You could try organic coconut cream in your coffee.

Nom Nom Paleo has some recipes for egg muffins that you can make in advance and freeze, those make a quick and light breakfast when you're busy in the morning. Click here and scroll down to eggs - on my to do list soon.
    Last edited by Green~Tara; 04-21-2015 at 11:16 AM.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Breakfast??? A bowl of low calorie Jello and coffee around 10.30, then at lunch I eat broccoli and raw green vegetables with a piece of white cheese and more Jello for dessert! Sundays I sometimes eat an early meal though, but breakfast is overrated I say…
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

edennperez1 is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    I don't distinguish certain foods for specific meals. I eat whatever is in the fridge and looks good. Sometimes it'll be last night's leftovers like beef and cabbage or spaghetti squash and meat sauce or even for stew. Me don't care - just wanna eat!!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast