Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craving Fat page 2

musajen is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

Last night I ran to the grocery store after a meal of pork chops and brocolli, prepared by my folks and very low fat. Wandering through the aisles of the grocery store, I was craving all of my old favorites, chips and french onion dip, swiss cake rolls, general garbage like that.

I didn't connect the dots during my shopping trip but when I got home I realized my dinner had been really low-fat and my body was craving fat and a key ingredient of those old favorites is fat. Plus the fact that they're packaged in sugar makes them a quick energy source so I would have gotten the best of both worlds, though I know that's no longer in my best interest.

I promptly tamed my fat craving with a handful of walnuts, some raw cheese, and berries with cream. I guess I'll need to start packing my own butter when i go to my folks.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

That's why I never even go through those aisles at the store anymore!

Yeah, I try to avoid them too but nuts are in the baking aisle and dark chocolate is in the candy/chip aisle. I bailed out of those aisle's as quickly as I could. I wonder if a primal grocery store would thrive - how awesome would that be?

maba is offline Senior Member

Primal grocery store is an awesome idea, as is a Primal restaurant. If ever I decide to become an entrepreneur and start one of these, care to become a business partner? LOL.

Sign me up! hehe

maba is offline Senior Member

It used to be that a meal for me was never complete w/o a dessert. Today I've been too lazy to cook an have been eating odds and ends and even ate a piece of 72% chocolate. And I feel like the meal isn't complete because I haven't had enough protein and fat. Funny how your body adapts!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12