Thread: Newbee Question page

spongy is offline Junior Member

Newbee Question

Shop Now
    The Questions:
    i'm looking to go fat adapted, i see the books that are on offer which is great, so my Question/concern is: in these books are there ideas for treats/snacks.

Your location: porthcawl-south wales-uk

Age (If you want):50

How Primal are you:not

Do you consume dairy:yes

Do you drink coffee or tea:yes 6-8 mugs per day

Motivator for switching to Primal:health-weight loss-from what i heard its a more tasty enjoyable way to eat.

Favorite exercise:cycling-cross fit type of exercises

Favorite Primal food:

Best part about being Primal:

Worst part about being Primal:

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Before doing anything else, Read and understand the PB 101 info at Primal Blueprint 101 | Mark's Daily Apple. Read enough of the subjects covered that you understand the program you are looking at, don't spend money on the book just yet.

The answer to your question is yes, but initially you may not think the suggested treats are quite to your prior taste.

Going primal is real change in most people's whole lifestyle. In my opinion, the worst way to start off on Primal is to go in trying to figure out how to treat yourself, and/or how many "cheat meals" you can have. I suggest that if this is where you are, you either need to re-orient or save yourself some frustration and pass it up. But keep in mind that if you do Primal, you will likely lose whatever excess poundage you have, much faster than how long it took to put it on. Not to mention that you will generally feel a whole lot better, and you will most likely be shopping for smaller clothes in a few months
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

spongy is offline Junior Member
    Hi, thanks for the reply, i'll get into 101 soon.

I seen that you said not to get the books yet, was that because you didn't want me to spend money until i am sure and had read the 101 or because they can be purchased elsewhere.

Also concerning the treats part of my question, i only asked that because i would like to do this long term this time and i am absolutely hopeless with food/meal ideas-etc-etc.

A friend had me do a paleo ish diet for a while and yes i lost a stone but didn't stick to it as there was nothing on paper (meal/snack ideas) for me to follow.

I think i am ready for the change as i'm fed up with the feeling i get from the carb diet i'm on.

My regards to you for replying and i'll be browsing the forum for my info.

spongy

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Spongy, If you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, you are ready. I just didn't want you to buy the book only to have it be a dust collector on your bottom shelf.

I got most of the info I needed to start with on the PB101 pages. The book is a good read and a good resource, it puts everything together in one place, and is comprehensive. My son has the book, he got me interested in Primal, and I read his copy, but I was about a month into my journey when I read it. He also has several of Mark's recipe books, and we have one. They are all quite well done. I think that if you are indeed recipe challenged, they would be very useful additions. Also the frequent food posts Mark does on the MDA blog.

I posted this recently as start up guidelines for a new dad, former athlete, you may find it worth a view, esp. points 4,5:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1609332
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.