Thread: Stalled progress page

TimW is offline Junior Member

Stalled progress

Hello

I got Primal Blueprint a few months ago and like the concept. We started (wife and I) following the eating style. We got the cookbook via preorder and when it came out. We like it.

Problem is that we've hit a wall of sorts. When I was strictly following the concepts from PB, I went from 217 to about 210 in 4 weeks. Seems a little slow, but acceptable. Then it just stopped. Our carb intake isn't the best, to be sure, but apart from a beer now and then, and maybe a couple slices of bread or an English muffin per day, we're pretty good about the whole carb thing. Oh...crap...just looked at the Cliff Bar I am eating.

Nevermind, it seems.

I guess I am just venting more than anything and I really need to keep a week's food log to see what I am actually putting in my mouth.
    TimW
    Phoenix

rphlslv is offline Senior Member
    Yes... never mind. You know what to do.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

shannon is offline Senior Member
    i think you're looking for encouragement, so here goes- LOSE THE GRAINS N SUGAR! no food log necessary;-)

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    Lose the bread and see what happens. If you must, tell yourself you're going to try it for just 3 weeks. If it works really well, you might just not look back.

Good luck! I hope this helps.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member
    "Our carb intake isn't the best, to be sure, but apart from a beer now and then, and maybe a couple slices of bread or an English muffin per day, we're pretty good about the whole carb thing. Oh...crap...just looked at the Cliff Bar I am eating."

Couple of slices of bread, cliff bar and beer per day will not allow your body to get into the posiiton of burning fat as fuel.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    i think you're looking for encouragement, so here goes- LOSE THE GRAINS N SUGAR! no food log necessary;-)
    +1

What worked for me was 4 weeks absolutely zero wheat, then a pizza night. I felt so bad and bloated after that I have no desire for anything wheat ever.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.