Thread: June's Primal Journal: A Girly Geek Games the System page

juneofthemearkat is offline Junior Member

June's Primal Journal: A Girly Geek Games the System

Shop Now
    Started primal-style eating last summer and havenít quite reached the one year mark, but the improvements have been immediate and beneficial. I want to chronicle my current life as a senior in tech school, keeping up a blog and writing everything down seems to keep me focused and engaged in this lifestyle.

Project deadlines are coming up and stress levels are high. Been hard to make time to relax without the looming cloud of work hanging over my headÖ

On another note, my period started this weekend and I always know ahead of time because I suddenly get way more sleepy than usual. Right in time for crunch hours where I need to be working all day on art assets for a game project. Of course... Since going primal though, my flow has very noticeably gotten progressive smoother and less clotted and my cramp levels have diminished dramatically (used to get the "crawling on the floor weeping" type of cramps since I was 11), though they are still apparent/distracting enough that I have to pop an advil/aleve for 1-2 days :/. I hope that this progress gets better and better until I'll rarely have to resort to anti-inflammatory pills at all. If only I could fix the sleep issue...

Today's Eats:
    My typical random afternoon lunch that is never all together:
    -Collard Greens mix for daily munches and magnesium boost
    -Kimchi/Pickles/Daikon
    -Gouda and brie cheese
    -Whole avocado
    -Small serving of natto
    -Kiwi and banana
    Dinner:
    -Leftover salmon and rice noodles w/butter and parmesan
    -Sauteed Brocolli and onions in more butter
    -Two eggs sunnyside

Trying to manage stress levels better while getting my energy levels up, we'll see how it goes. I'm irritated with certain professors and have 4 projects going at once, but maintaining my food and fitness helps keep my mood even. My exercise routine has been down due to general fatigue, but I'll get back on the wagon after the crunch period is over. Gotta put on the game face for end of semester.

juneofthemearkat is offline Junior Member
    Woke up this morning with the typical period burn in my stomach, though luckily it didn't last long . Had to say I couldn't make it to the robotics meeting to work on the game, which I really shouldn't have to feel guilty about, sigh... Sometimes it feels like certain professors assume their class is the only one that matters, or that undergrad students like me have the same amount of time as grads to spend on research >_> (which is basically what grads do everyday in tech school, they don't take as many classes, if at all). Energy levels today were improved, which means the monthly flow should be on its way soon.

Eats:
    Lunch:
    -Kimchi is almost out which is too bad because the zippy flavor is great for a wakeup lunch
    -Similar lunch to yesterday overall, can't waste old food when you're making it last for a few weeks at a time...
    Dinner:
    -Cauliflower and broccoli mix
    -Tamago-gake-gohan or raw egg mixed with white rice (I add butter too) a quick mix that tastes awesome
    -Leftover salmon

At my group crunch meeting for our demo, I brought some macadamias/cheese/avocado and tried out making a drink with a mild sweet flavor by mixing coconut water with sparkling mineral water. Not too bad . We're going to be showing tomorrow and I think it will go okay, may post a screenshot of the progress on the art just to make it more easy to picture, haha.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I get shark week fatigue too - sucks, but so far I've just had to live with it. Good luck with your end-of-semester game face!