Thread: Insulin resistance reversal? page

eraser51 is offline Member

Insulin resistance reversal?

Shop Now
    Hi!

I followed a low carb diet for 2 years now and supressed/reversed my insulin resistance

How can I increase my insulin sensitivity and start again burning carbs?

any advice?

Should I implement starch?
    Low slowly?

John Caton is offline Senior Member
    If you have reversed insulin resistance, you've also increased insulin sensitivity. You will further enhance it with moderate exercise, consuming carbs at a level that is consistent with your goals (see MDA carb curve), getting plenty of sunshine, and avoiding artificial light.

Except for fiber and other resistant starches to benefit your gut bugs, there isn't anything magical about starches other than to increase your carb levels to whatever point you want.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

well I can only hope to have reversed it... and not just supressed it.. no idea

how much carbs should I consume?
    does someone has experience with this problem?
    exercise I do

exercise I do

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    How low carb have you been and for how long? Do you ever have higher carb days? Low-carb also induces physiological insulin resistance: Does Eating a Low Carb Diet Cause Insulin Resistance? | Mark's Daily Apple which may make you think you cannot process carbs. But this, too, can be reversed. I suggest slowly implementing more carbs by 20g/day or week until you reach your cruising altitude. Expect an increase in scale weight from water and glycogen stores being repleted. This is normal.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

ketogenic for 2 years

I tried high carb 3 times about 1 month ago
    sometimes I cheated on the weekends but not really much

I guess I have to start now but does someone know more.? or did somebody already tried it? or had it?

is starch better than other sugars for increasing sensitivity?

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eraser51 View Post

exercise I do
    It's individual. The answer is ...to tolerance. Trial and error. What has been your load the past two years and what do you hope to gain by increasing it?

Read a bit more. Choose fruit over starch. It won't impact you're blood glucose as greatly. When you do include starch choose methods of prep that reduce their glycemic load. Generally this is by cooking then refridgerating. You can then reheat. You are simply converting a portion to resistant starch which reduces the load.

Start slow, eat any carbs you have with your meals of fat and protein. Don't snack. If you load up do it after intense exercise to exploit no insulin dependant glucose uptake.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 04-07-2015 at 02:09 PM.

well I believe I only masked the problem (the IR) due to cutting the carbs out.
    so I know keto induces physiological resistance because it is needed while there are no carbs present

but I also heard that the inuit dont eat ketogenic at all and/or that they have a genetic defect who allows that fat amount to be burned quite good

question is: can I build muscle on keto? or just possible on low carb? why didnt I lose further despite trying and tracking all?
    also what do I do if I got too much fat in my blood and its not burned completely?

got a good thread on this but its german only right now :/

Insulinresistenz: Wie sie entsteht und was tatsächlich dahinter steckt | AesirSports

honestly no clue anymore what to believe..

also many do cycling...

so what should I do?
    any advice and evidence????

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    It's individual. The answer is ...to tolerance. Trial and error. What has been your load the past two years and what do you hope to gain by increasing it?

Read a bit more. Choose fruit over starch. It won't impact you're blood glucose as greatly. When you do include starch choose methods of prep that reduce their glycemic load. Generally this is by cooking then refridgerating. You can then reheat. You are simply converting a portion to resistant starch which reduces the load.

Start slow, eat any carbs you have with your meals of fat and protein. Don't snack. If you load up do it after intense exercise to exploit no insulin dependant glucose uptake.

well I believe I only masked the problem (the IR) due to cutting the carbs out.
    so I know keto induces physiological resistance because it is needed while there are no carbs present

but I also heard that the inuit dont eat ketogenic at all and/or that they have a genetic defect who allows that fat amount to be burned quite good

question is: can I build muscle on keto? or just possible on low carb? why didnt I lose further despite trying and tracking all?
    also what do I do if I got too much fat in my blood and its not burned completely?

got a good thread on this but its german only right now :/

Insulinresistenz: Wie sie entsteht und was tatsächlich dahinter steckt | AesirSports

honestly no clue anymore what to believe..

also many do cycling...

so what should I do?
    any advice and evidence????

I also gathered some supps for more insulin sensitivity but will the fat be burned when I increase the sensivity?
    or do I increase the sensivity and increase carbs?!