Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight loss stall - any tips? page

triplemwf is offline Member

Weight loss stall - any tips?

Shop Now
    I started with a Whole 30 on 1/5/15 and then transitioned into Paleo (I can't do dairy due to sensitivites). I lost 20 lbs and now my weight loss has completely stalled. I don't do a lot in regards to exercise other than walking and trying to get to the gym for some light weights a couple of days a week.

I think that my diet is pretty good, but I'm open to suggestions, or any other ideas really. I've managed to somehow gain 2lbs and I don't think that I've done anything differently.

Also of note, after a recent bout of Shingles (I'm only 39 years old) I've been doing some research and think that I may have some auto-immune issues, namely Hashimotos Thyroidosis and am going to the doctors this week to have some bloodwork drawn, though, I don't know how a diagnosis would help me with any weight loss.

I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 205lbs, I'm looking to get to 130lbs.

Here is my typical diet:

B: (3) eggs scrambled in evoo w/ 1/4c ground meat and salsa
    S: bone broth
    L: roast beef w/ gravy (made w/ rice flour), roasted carrots w/ evoo, steamed green beans
    S: fruit (usually berries of some sort)
    D: grilled chicken breast with a side vegetable (usually broccoli or sauteed greens)

Every once in a while, I'll plug a daily menu in to a calorie tracker and it's always between 1200-1500 calories. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    Height: 5'1.5"
    High Weight: March 2010 - 236lbs & Low Weight: July 2011 - 130lbs
    Current weight 6/3/15 192.0lbs

Follow me on Instagram @podtastic_eats

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Since you don't say how long this stall is, I wonder if it's a normal plateau. They can be discouraging, but you'll also get past it if you stay the course.

1200-1500 cal is good for a small woman trying to lose weight.

If you don't have Hashi's, the only thing I can see that's a little off is frequency. Drink the bone broth with lunch, eat the fruit as a prequel or dessert with dinner. Skip snacks. If you do have Hashi's, UF has been a good resource for info on that, and the way you're eating 5x a day might be good for you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

zuzanac is offline Member
    what is UF

Aliens is offline Junior Member
    I would cut out the snacks. Not required when have good protein feed at each meal. Try to get 30g protein each meal. 3 eggs are 18g protein. Need 4 hours fast between meals to get the fat burning happening. Cut the carbs like berries every day and carrots. Stick to leafy greens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aliens is offline Junior Member
    Add a little more fat to veggies or cooking. Have a look at Optimal Ketogenic Living on FB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pengguar is offline Junior Member
    Cut the carbs like berries every day and carrots. Stick to leafy greens.

triplemwf is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pengguar View Post
    Cut the carbs like berries every day and carrots. Stick to leafy greens.
    Should I cut out the fruit all together?
    Height: 5'1.5"
    High Weight: March 2010 - 236lbs & Low Weight: July 2011 - 130lbs
    Current weight 6/3/15 192.0lbs

Follow me on Instagram @podtastic_eats

soror is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triplemwf View Post
    I started with a Whole 30 on 1/5/15 and then transitioned into Paleo (I can't do dairy due to sensitivites). I lost 20 lbs and now my weight loss has completely stalled. I don't do a lot in regards to exercise other than walking and trying to get to the gym for some light weights a couple of days a week.

I think that my diet is pretty good, but I'm open to suggestions, or any other ideas really. I've managed to somehow gain 2lbs and I don't think that I've done anything differently.

Also of note, after a recent bout of Shingles (I'm only 39 years old) I've been doing some research and think that I may have some auto-immune issues, namely Hashimotos Thyroidosis and am going to the doctors this week to have some bloodwork drawn, though, I don't know how a diagnosis would help me with any weight loss.

I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 205lbs, I'm looking to get to 130lbs.

Here is my typical diet:

B: (3) eggs scrambled in evoo w/ 1/4c ground meat and salsa
    S: bone broth
    L: roast beef w/ gravy (made w/ rice flour), roasted carrots w/ evoo, steamed green beans
    S: fruit (usually berries of some sort)
    D: grilled chicken breast with a side vegetable (usually broccoli or sauteed greens)

Every once in a while, I'll plug a daily menu in to a calorie tracker and it's always between 1200-1500 calories. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    If you do have Hashi's your not going to be losing weight until it is treated. Generally there are several things intertwined together, lowered vitamin levels, especially iron, adrenal fatigue, leaky gut etc.

I was able to start losing weight going on the auto-immune paleo diet when regular paleo and Whole 30 were causing weight gain (all the while I was exercising plenty). Starting thyroid meds helped some more and then nothing worked for awhile (even though I changed nothing) until my hormone levels changed and then I started losing weight and inches like nobodies business, all on 1800+ calories a day- I'm in the 130s. However, I had to get the foods out that were causing issues before there was any movement at all.

Also, low calorie and low carb is not a real good idea if you do have Hashi's or other auto-immune issues. It is just putting more stress on the body to be quite honest, 1500 is a very low calorie day for me and I cannot sustain my activity level on that amount, not to mention my energy stops dropping massively. I'd look at your reduced calorie levels as a possible reason your feeling ill(depending on your symptoms).

Unfortunately if it is auto-immune it can take a good while to recover health, my integrative dr told me about 6-12 months and I'm at 11 months right now and it is looking (hopefully) now like it will take the full 12 months, while following the auto-immune diet and treating it with the dr with supplements and meds as needed.
    Mama to 4, wife to my love

snutts is offline Member
    7 x Intermittent fasting 18 hours fast 6 hours feed.
    7 x Fasted steady state cardio - walking.
    6 x HIIT
    3-4 xLift heavy things.

2 x Grilled meat and Green leafy veg
    2 x Nut and Seed snacks
    1 x Protein Shake (optional)

Repeat... numerous times.
    Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i agree you can drop the snacks. you shouldn't need them with meals of sufficient size, however, no harm incorporating those foods into meals.

how much rice flour in your gravy? a very small amount is a LOT of cals.

don't change anything else until you find out about your thyroid. fasting with a bum thyroid is not great advice.

a stall is 4 weeks no pounds or inches lost. how long has it been for you?

oh, and nuts and seeds are notorious for sabotaging weight loss in women.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast