Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal for PrimalNym page

PrimalNym is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal for PrimalNym

Shop Now
    Today is my very first day.

Thats a pretty overused statement for me. I have tried a thousand diets a thousand times, but I need a new lifestyle, not a new diet.

My name is Vanessa, Im 35, 5'8, 244.6 lbs this morning. Im a mom, a wife, an office worker. Im sedentary, and tired. Im bipolar and on medication, and anxious and sad.
    I dont mind my medication, its not a weight gainer and its slowly making me feel better. I have anxiety though, and the medication the doc wants me to take is a weight gainer, and will make me slower and tired but happier? no. I dont want to take it. I want to change my lifestyle instead.
    I have the book, Ive read the book, the forums, the internet, and Im convinced that my issues - the anxiety, tiredness, apathy, unhappiness in general, the way my body feels and my tummy aches will be helped by diet and exercise, not new pills.
    About 4 years ago I went on a version of the paleo diet and felt pretty good. I lost 30 lbs and was exercising but I fell off the wagon and while I feel like I have tried many many times to get back on I just havent been able to.

This time is going to be different. It has to. I cant live like this anymore.

So Im going to eahead and do this. I have 3 days at home and no kids, and no obligations for the holiday, I can plan my next week and cook and eat what i need to and get a good start.
    Im starting this journal for me, I need some sort of accountability maybe? Or just a place to put my thoughts.

Today is going to be great!

Yay me!

So today went well eating wise I think!

B - scrambled eggs, bacon, a few grapes
    L - pulled pork no sauce or anything, some sweet potato
    D - roasted brussel sprouts, pulled pork

I couldnt even finish my small amount of dinner, i just wasnt that interested in eating more.

jrosto is online now Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum Vanessa, looks like Day 1 went pretty well for you

For me, journaling here has really helped to keep focus and stay on track. Keep at it Ma'am, I'm looking forward to reading your successes.

Day two was pretty good for me. I have a weekend off to sloth around and my DH and I went for massages and a swim. It was nice and relaxing. Food wise it went well -

B- fried eggs and sweet potatoes
    L - chicken breast, 3 pieces of sushi
    D- apple, a small handful of almonds, a couple of dried prunes, a couple of slices of homemade salami and a glass of wine

The sushi wasnt the greatest but we were in town and off our farm and i was starving, Ill chock it up to my 20% with my wine and move on.
    I wasnt really in the mood for a dinner and instead made a small snacking plate and it was just what i needed.

I really want to get out of eating because im supposed to and work on eating when I am hungry. I know that it is part of primal eating but I used to snack mindlessly and when bored. Work is going to be hard this week because I do most of my snacking while at work.

Thanks jrosto!

Great job on the food front

Snacking at work can be a challenge. Maybe you can bring better snacking choices. A 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts can be quite satisfying. Just bring individual servings so you will know that you can't go overboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

juneofthemearkat is offline Junior Member
    Though it depends for everyone, sometimes certain macronutrients can be more satiating than the other two (in most cases its either protein or fat, though there are some carb types who need vegetables/fruits/safe starches). I find that I can't get full as easily without eating some protein in my big meals (fat helps, but isn't the true "off button"). This can prevent snacking sometimes. Either that or you can maybe bring mostly vegetables as snacks, since they have lots of nutrients but little energy density so you can't easily go overboard.

Thanks for the responses. Today I am back to work and I brought about 30 almonds and some carrots and cucumber slices for snacking. Nice crunchy things. I also brought a couple of tins of tuna to stock my drawer with, along with some homemade mayo in the fridge. I think I should be able to make it through the day quite well. We have a water cooler so lots of water too!

Yesterday was okay for eating. I felt very snacky and there were lots of cravings that's for sure.
    B- 4 egg whites, spinach
    L- sausage,1/4 cup sweet potatoe with butter, an apple
    D- Ham, cauliflower with butter
    S- 2 pieces of 85% dark chocolate, a handful of nuts

I didn't do much all weekend, mostly read the forums and laid around and watched tv. I felt tired and bleh all weekend. No energy and no motivation to do anything really. I am sure wanting a burst of energy and I hope once I get thru the first couple weeks of this I will get that!

Great job planning for your snacks. 20 almonds are just under an ounce, perfect snack size

When you stop eating processed sugars and simple carbs it is common to feel blech for a few days. Soon you will have energy to spare. Remember how you feel right now, that can really help you when you have the urge to splurge. Is it worth going thru this again?

Again, great job Ma'am.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    PrimalNym, Glad you are back and giving it a another go. Primal is forgiving, if you fall off the wagon, just dust yourself off, climb back on and keep it going.

But please don't skimp on the exercise. At the minimum, go for a walk. You'll feel better and it is a great way to beat that dead on your butt feeling. When you camped out watching the tube, instead of just leaning back and vegetating, do some bodyweight exercises, sit ups, or try the "100 up".

There are many who experience some downer time as you get into the primal program. In a few days you should start perking up, and it will indeed be worth it. Hang in there, we're pulling for you to have major success.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast