Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not loosing weight 2 weeks in

Not loosing weight 2 weeks in

Shop Now
    Hi all I am 46 years old and 5'11 and 197 lbs as of now with about a 19% BF. I have been exercising often for a long time but never really got that lean body I have wanted and know it is all diet related. I have never had a bad diet as I don't drink much I limit my sugar don't eat processed foods but never really have been that focused to lower carbs till now. As of today I am about two weeks in to eating very well with super low carbs I would say under 35 grams a day and eliminated all sugar as a typical morning would consist of eggs, a piece of Ezekiel bread and coffee with two tsp of coconut sugar and half and half. Now I eat eggs, coffee with a little cream and 1/2 of an avocado. I can say I feel so much better and honestly am never that hungry as I eat just 3 times a day and will eat a 100 calorie almond pack in the late afternoon between meal 2 and 3. I have actually gained 3 lbs in the first 3 days and have been at this weight now for about 10 days. I can assure you I am not eating much and if I had to calorie count I would be somewhere in the 1700-2000 range. Does this at times take a while to kick in and all of a sudden it will all click. I do lots of reading and research with regards to body weight and diet and what I find is that our bodies seem to want to be at a certain weight a certain BF% and it fight and changes where if lower calories out metabolism just slows down to adjust and if up the calories our metabolism adjust as well to increase a bit to account for that as well. That kind of makes sense as coming down from this 19% BF is something I have never been able to tackle.

Anyone else been in this situation like me?

Not hungry? Skip a meal and eat twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by rrich49132 View Post
    I have actually gained 3 lbs in the first 3 days and have been at this weight now for about 10 days. I can assure you I am not eating much and if I had to calorie count I would be somewhere in the 1700-2000 range.
    Guesstimating calories is usually the number 1 culprit. Try and get an accurate count and then figure out how to get the necessary calorie deficit from both diet and exercise. There's nothing magical about trading carbs for fats if the calories are the same (many here may disagree).
    Starting Wt - 151 lbs (Jan 2015) * Initial Goal - 125 lbs (reached-Sept 2015)
    Current Wt - 117 lbs (May 2016) * Final Goal - 118 lbs (Mar 2016-Done!)
    Macros - 75%Carbs/15%Protein/10%Fat * 95% Plant-Based Diet (since June 2015)

Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    You are eating 3 meals + snack. Are you really hungry 3 + times a day? If you are hungry,fine. If not, don't eat until you are hungry. Primal is not all diet -- are you getting enough exercise/sleep etc?

And, finally, my fellow Ohio members might say your title:
    Not loosing weight 2 weeks in page
    ,"needs fixed". Unless, of course your weight is too tight.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rig D View Post

And, finally, my fellow Ohio members might say your title: ,"needs fixed". Unless, of course your weight is too tight.
    Needs fixed is my favorite ohioism of all time.

Needs fixed is my favorite ohioism of all time.

3 pounds in 3 days = water
    Low carb 'magic' happens more often for those who are obese and/or have a screwed up metabolism from a long term awful diet.
    Doesn't sound like you are in either category.
    You may just have to battle calories, low carb MIGHT help.

Ya that is my problem as I am not in horrible shape as I am 10-20 lbs over what I would like to be at as it is next to impossible to get where I need but I am not giving up. I just dont understand how I am not losing weight at all.

Re-read comments #2, #3 and #4.

Shop Now
    The same thing has happened with me. But now I am taking the supplement, which is Egg Whites 24/7. I often used to drink liquid egg whites in the morning after doing exercise. And itís really felt rocky with losing my weights. And yes, we can lose weight simply by eating right and exercise. But to maximize our growth potential, nutrition is required.