Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bone broth diet?? page

Tonya Richelle is offline Senior Member

Bone broth diet??

Shop Now
    So I keep seeing info about the potato hack diet. Is the a benefit to approaching bone broth that way? Like only eating bone broth for several days?

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

breadsauce is offline Senior Member
    Personally I use bone broth as a base for soup or as a beverage - I wouldn't think it has enough nutrients to live on for several days.

triplemwf is offline Member
    I wouldn't. I prefer to eat real food.

That said, bone broth is a big part of my diet. I actually enjoy drinking it and usually have 1 mug per day. It's also great to have on hand for scratch made soups, sauces, etc.
    Height: 5'1.5"
    High Weight: March 2010 - 236lbs & Low Weight: July 2011 - 130lbs
    Current weight 4/27/15 199.0lbs

Follow me on Instagram @podtastic_eats

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    As a hack for a few days or even a couple of weeks, it might prevent you from going stir crazy in comparison to a straight up water fast. It's also easier to drink salted broth than salted water.

But a hack is a hack is a hack, so almost anything from mono-food to water will blast off a few pounds in a few days because you eat so few calories. Some people have good results keeping those few pounds off, and some regain them almost immediately.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

noodletoy is online now Senior Member
    agree a hack is a hack and i see no harm in this. might try on/off days with just bone broth one day and "normal" eating the next day, or some version of 5/2, etc.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Tonya Richelle is offline Senior Member
    Additionally...I have LC, and whenever I have a bad day or two (every couple weeks or so) if I have a couple serving of BB it always helps and settles things down. My thought process was that maybe a few days of eating this would heal my gut more permanently? And am I right that resistant starch is also good for the gut because it "feeds" the good gut flora??

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Personally I use bone broth as a base for soup or as a beverage - I wouldn't think it has enough nutrients to live on for several days.
    Yeah, but that’s probably the point anyway; you are supposed to live of your body stores ...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya Richelle View Post
    Additionally...I have LC, and whenever I have a bad day or two (every couple weeks or so) if I have a couple serving of BB it always helps and settles things down. My thought process was that maybe a few days of eating this would heal my gut more permanently? And am I right that resistant starch is also good for the gut because it "feeds" the good gut flora??

There is a huge thread on Resistant Starch about RS and gut flora - well worth reading. Parts, or all of the thread - very informative. Also see this blog

Cooling Inflammation

for gut flora info (masses of it in present and older posts) and also here

VEGETABLE PHARM

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya Richelle View Post

There is a huge thread on Resistant Starch about RS and gut flora - well worth reading. Parts, or all of the thread - very informative. Also see this blog

Cooling Inflammation

for gut flora info (masses of it in present and older posts) and also here

VEGETABLE PHARM

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Same difference really.

I did a 3 day water fast. Its absolutely great IMO.

Far as resistant starch...just get it from primal foods. I'm not a fan of the raw potato starch hack. Jerusalem artichoke and jicama would make fine additions to help with this. Home ferments such as kraut are also a great idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast