Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soy lecithin in protein powder?? page

Lockstock is online now Senior Member

soy lecithin in protein powder??

Shop Now
    Im hitting the gym and due to the timing of said gym session and my work schedule im finding it appropriate to start using a quick protein powder after the gym to A. Save time and B.Make some gainzzz

However, all the protein powders, even the good ones that dont have crazy amounts of additives and chemicals all still have soy lecithin to instantize the whey.

Should I worry about this?

Jefferson1775 is offline Senior Member
    It depends on how much soy lecithin is present. "The dosage determines the poison." In my NOW Foods unflavored whey isolate, it's in the ingredients, but the amount is negligible, so I don't worry about it.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

TQP
    TQP is online now Senior Member
    Lecithin is not really a big deal... it's also naturally present in egg yolks and acts as an emulsifier that makes the smoothies/shakes/chocolates/starbucks frappucinos smooth/buttery. Unless you're allergic to soy, the fact that it's extracted from soy instead of another source should not be too problematic.

Some people even supplement lecithin for weight loss or for treating memory loss.
    Last edited by TQP; 03-29-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TQP View Post
    Lecithin is not really a big deal... it's also naturally present in egg yolks and acts as an emulsifier that makes the smoothies/shakes/chocolates/starbucks frappucinos smooth/buttery. Unless you're allergic to soy, the fact that it's extracted from soy instead of another source should not be too problematic.

Some people even supplement lecithin for weight loss or for treating memory loss.
    Its listed as less than one percent of the Weight of the product and is being used to make it "instant" which I assume is to make it blend in water or w/e other liquid

TQP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockstock View Post
    is being used to make it "instant" which I assume is to make it blend in water or w/e other liquid
    Aka... Emulsifier, which is what I said.

Aka... Emulsifier, which is what I said.
    So you give this the A OK? Im not gonna sprout boobies and lose my deep manly voice?

TQP

So you give this the A OK? Im not gonna sprout boobies and lose my deep manly voice?
    Loll! No. It will be just fine, I promise.

If you are really worried, do one extra set of all your strength workouts. (joking)

Loll! No. It will be just fine, I promise.

If you are really worried, do one extra set of all your strength workouts. (joking)
    Bahaha Im already doing daily pushups pullups and lunges along with the gym stuff.

Maybe ill just do some grunting and...mating to offset the extra soy

TQP

Bahaha Im already doing daily pushups pullups and lunges along with the gym stuff.

Maybe ill just do some grunting and...mating to offset the extra soy
    Hehehe. I was going to suggest this but I thought it might be too crude coming from a proper lady like me.

Mate on.

snutts is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Don't major in the minors. Its whey not soy isolate so you're half way there.
    Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast