Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post Antibiotics - Reviving my Bacteria page

andersonkc is offline Junior Member

Post Antibiotics - Reviving my Bacteria

Shop Now
    Hey Primal Friends!

I have been on some antibiotics for an infection I have, and I know that anitbiotics can really destroy your good bacteria. When complete, it will be about 1 month of pretty strong antibiotics. Looking to build my gut bacteria back to a better state (especially after I finish these out), anyone have recommendations for doing that? Foods, supplements, etc. And I would like to not break my bank account to do so, but all recommendations welcome.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

- Fellow Grok

gergirl is offline Senior Member
    Fine quality sauerkraut

Raw paleo matt is offline Senior Member
    Rotten meat/high meat is the best food to bring back gut flora NOTHING else comes close. Get a mason jar and open it up every few days, by the way the meat ofcorse shouldn't be previously frozen and fresh and raw and let it sit. Or you can just sit on a plate but become hard.

Sent from my iPod touch using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Raw paleo matt View Post
    Rotten meat/high meat is the best food to bring back gut flora NOTHING else comes close. Get a mason jar and open it up every few days, by the way the meat ofcorse shouldn't be previously frozen and fresh and raw and let it sit. Or you can just sit on a plate but become hard.

What? Please put forth some explanation or any experimental indication that rotten meat helps the gut biome. Seriously. I'm quite open minded, but your posts are just absurd without some sort of explanation/evidence.

My evidence is with me and the people that do eat it. The reason the eskimos called it " high meat". Depression is almost always linked to low bacteria levels in the gut. So when people are depressed then they eat the rotten meat they report back feeling amazing and depressed free, resulting in a increase in gut flora.

Another good one not as good but good. Raw unpasturized cow kefir from raw milk. Must be bought from farm tho because cow kefir in store has been pasturized

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    A mix of fermented foods, yogurt, kefir, organic veggies, some occasional probiotic pills, resistant starches. Basically a healthy diet of unprocessed foods. I'd probably cook the beef however! You can probably get loads of rotted beef cheap at the supermarket just as it hits the dumpster, free even!

ashtuzhed is offline Junior Member
    Raw unpasturized cow kefir from raw milk.

John Caton is online now Senior Member
    I'll pass on the high meat. I've read of the successes but in our current environment I wouldn't trust it. Perhaps in another place and time.

I'd load up on copious quantities of fermented vegetables and if the budget could afford it, some soil based (SBO) probiotics. A cheap, but somewhat risky solution for the SBO's, is to literally ingest a teaspoon of dirt collected from around the deep roots of plants, known to be pesticide and chemical free. Stir it into clean water and drink, leaving any gritty substances behind. Otherwise, stick with the fermented veggies and plenty of prebiotics like unmodified potato starch.
    Stop by to visit at primalways.net
    Old Paths ... New Journeys

EatMoveSleep is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by John Caton View Post
    A cheap, but somewhat risky solution for the SBO's, is to literally ingest a teaspoon of dirt collected from around the deep roots of plants, known to be pesticide and chemical free. Stir it into clean water and drink, leaving any gritty substances behind.
    I have wondered whether doing something like this would work - also if the water was warm (not hot) and had a little sugar or honey mixed in and allowed to sit in a warm place for some hours to grow the bacteria numbers before drinking. Sounds crazy but it might work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast