Thread: Eggs Story....all over again page

graphics1988 is offline Junior Member

Eggs Story....all over again

Shop Now
    Found this entertaining. I know eggs are always a debate regarding cholesterol ...this story I found funny ONLY because years ago, I mean YEARS ago...I had a body builder friend (who could change his body mass in two month periods at any given time), he would go from ripped and shredded to watery and round. Obviously training season versus bulk season. He told me in the 80's, that eggs and cholesterol was a crock...back then (prior to internet) he would preach the proper diet (ironically and eerily similar to this primal diet)...he was plants and animals and a LOT of it! Here was a guy, who was only about 5'8" and would weigh 220-240lbs...SOLID muscle. His preaching became annoying and soon he lost many of his friends. LOL...hindsight, I guess he was only trying to HELP them - I stayed in it for the long haul. He was entertaining, and seeing his eyes light up when talking about food was crazy funny (plus his gorgeous girlfriend always tagged along)
    Anyway, he's fallen off the health truck and gone to the "other" side...mainly due to obsession of weight training and injuries. The only salad he eats, is the one on top of his BigMac burgers.
    Anyway, crazy how he was aware of this knowledge PRE social media and internet etc.,

Dietary Recommendations To Avoid Fat Were Wrong, Based On Zero Evidence | Buy Non GMO Seeds

Any thoughts? The masses who follow the government guidelines, will lash out, i'm sure. I personally eat about 12-18 eggs per week. Always have...so far so good.
    Almond milk and hard cheeses are my main sources of dairy...no digestion issues to speak of.....im pretty much full on Primal with a few small additions. I'm about 168-171lbs and about 5'11" and that's without any working out or cardio. Haven't had the time...summer is easier for me when the daylight time is longer (I live in the country, so when its dark, its dark - no street lights etc).
    I would say for a 44 year old, im in pretty good "looking" shape, (no six pack, but I wouldn't say too far off) but im sure my cardio is barely above average....(I used to run a LOT)...backed that down a fair bit over the last few years too.
    Anyway, off track - I was just thinking out loud

Nellodee is online now Senior Member
    Cholesterol still confuses me, but I made it down to my low weight of 119 eating 4 dozen eggs a week. Was the healthiest I've ever felt in my adult life.
    Music of the day/week/month/whatever:

Kimya Dawson - The Competition https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJUDjMpgx8U

I never wanted to be better than my friends...

graphics1988 is offline Junior Member
    WOW four dozen! LOL...that's awesome. I know they certainly curb the appetite - better to eat a couple eggs when you're hungry than to sit down at a table full of "bad" food. I had done a six week six pack workout/diet challenge a few years ago...I had lost about 18lbs of rubbish fat...not from any one specific area...just all around. Anyway, I ate a lot of eggs, egg salad wrapped in a lettuce leaf (instead of bread) etc., it was the start of my clean eating. Since then, I've narrowed it all down, added and subtracted things (I hate hate HATE avacados - cant do it)...but I eat pretty clean.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I'm eating 8 duck eggs a day on top of a pound of meat and cyclical potatoes, etc. and doing great.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    kinda off-topic, but almond milk is not dairy, lol. unless you are making your own, i wouldn't touch that garbage with a 20-foot pole.

i eat about 18 eggs a week. my conventional health markers are all excellent.

without cholesterol we would die. if your diet is high in cholesterol, the body will self-regulate and reduce its production. the dire warnings that eggs and dietary fat will KILL YOU DEADZ were all based on rubbish.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

pkjody is online now Senior Member
    Well I'm not going to cite any studies here or pretend that I am a biologist who dutifully studies diet but I believe I can say with absolute certainty that eggs really are one of the most perfect foods and were unfairly demonized for years as you know. Now the demonizing I see is shifting toward free range eggs. My wife told me she heard an "egg and poultry" expert on XM radio say just the other day that pastured, free range eggs are positively no different nutritionally than caged eggs which can be had for less money. Well to a certain extent (macronutrient wise) he isn't "that" far off but he's certainly not including the fact that pastured eggs contain sometimes 3 to 5 times more Omega-3 acids and again that much more vitamin E as well as other trace nutrients nearly missing in caged eggs (also no mention of hormones or pesticides, etc). Bottom line is that they want to pander to the mass producers and dupe you into believing that "an egg is just an egg". Not true, as we know and I have yet to meet a person whose health was adversely affected due to egg consumption.

coolrain is offline Member
    What do you say about the allergy issue regarding eggs? Supposedly many people are allergic to eggs. Supposedly people with eczema should stay away from eggs.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Learn More
    "many" is a gross exaggeration. only 2-3 % of adults have food allergies and eggs are not the most common.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway