Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The "Master Cleanse" Fabulous Health page

Gregory Grok is offline Member

Thumbs down The "Master Cleanse" Fabulous Health

Primal Fuel
    I saw this article on the Huffington Post today and I thought I'd post it on the MDA forum to get some of your thoughts.

Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher Do Master Cleanse

First Posted: 07-12-10 07:04 AM | Updated: 07-12-10 11:06 PM

Is that why they look so good?

Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher are currently existing on a mix of lemon, cayenne pepper and maple syrup, according to Demi's tweeting.

On Sunday she tweeted that she and her husband were doing the master cleanse and, rather than weight loss or appearance, 'this is about health!!!' Triple exclamation points hers.

Earlier in the day she had tweeted, '2nd day of master cleanse and off to hike with hubby and the dogs. 2nd day better than the 1st!' and she added that she and her husband were doing it together.

Naomi Campbell recently told Oprah that she is a proponent of the extreme diet. Even Josh Brolin and Eddie Vedder have tried it out.

For a lot more celebrity diets and detoxes, go here.
    ________

My opinion can best be summed up by one of the Huff Po members who commented on the article:

"i suspect what passes through this pair's bowels is made of the same material that is between their ears. I wish these two narcissists were cleansed from the media's excretory system."

Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher Do Master Cleanse

Beefsister is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a pretty disgusting food combo, to be honest. This coming from somebody who eats pickles with peanut butter. And since when was maple syrup 'healthy' :?
    Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

yodiewan is online now Senior Member
    I agree that it sounds like a bad idea. I think any benefits probably just come from the calorie reduction. I'll stick to intermittent fasting, thanks.

fxdwgmikeb is offline Senior Member
    To each his own. Don't blame the victims, blame the snake oil salsman who sold them on the idea.

@Beefsister: I wouldn't even call it a food combo to be honest with you. Also, why does the "Master Cleanse" consists of only those three ingredients. Couldn't you use a number of spices and/or condiments if you so choose to? Who decided that these three were the three kings when it came down to detoxing your body? Some of these Hollywood types never cease to amaze me! Lastly, as much as I enjoy maple syrup, I'd never consider it healthy.

@yodiewan: It's definitely a bad idea. I think it would be a better idea if they both got a quick rundown as to how the body processes toxins and cleanses the body on it's own. That way they'd be a little more informed. I definitely believe that there is a market for paleo/primal personal trainers for celebrity's because some of the diet fads and advice coming from Hollywood digusts me. I would love someone to share the benefits of intermittent fasting with these celebs. It sure beats chugging lemon juice, cayenne pepper, and maple syrup for 10 days!

Quote Originally Posted by fxdwgmikeb View Post
    To each his own. Don't blame the victims, blame the snake oil salsman who sold them on the idea.
    I agree. That leads me to ask: How many people are pounding the pavement in LA peddling this nonsense?

schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    Actually, it's not a new fad diet (it's an old fad diet! ) -- been around for at least 50-60 years I think... Mark mentions it in a few places, including here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/colon-cleanse-scam/
    Last edited by schadowrider; 07-14-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Fern is offline Senior Member
    My mother in law has a cousin that does this, for up to 20 days at a time. WTF is wrong with people? If I remember right she is one of those raw vegans so this is at the top of her healthy things to do to herself list.

Metismomma is offline Senior Member
    My old boss at the health food store I worked did this cleanse and often. I was/am skeptical about it. She would lose weight and regain it right back. She is a huge proponent of cleanses in general though.
    Calm the f**k down.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    So....very.....toxic!.....we're.....alll.......so. .....very.....toxic! ahhh!!!

My opinion is that "toxicity" boils down to liver and immune health. And that the worst thing someone can do to their detoxification systems is deprive them of the nutrients needed to do their job properly. I'm not saying that fasting and ingesting weird shit can't have some benefit, but I think that it's smarter to do it intermittently.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast