Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for snacks to take on a flight? page

Xenya is offline Member

Ideas for snacks to take on a flight?

Primal Fuel
    Heya Everyone!
    I have a long a** flight ahead of me - about 14 hours. and I have a feeling that cheap wine on the plane is as close to primal as it's gonna get. Any suggestions what i can take with me? Nuts are the only thing I can think off that doesn't smell or spoil!

Meadow is offline Senior Member
    Nuts, leftover cooked chicken or meats (I like roasted chicken or grilled flank steak best), cut up veggies like celery, carrots, cucumber, peppers, radishes, jicima, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg (although this might not make your seat neighbor happy), homemade jerky ....

I have never had a problem with foods going bad in my purse for a full day. I try and eat the ones that would 'probably' go bad sooner....so meats first, veggies second, nuts last sort of deal.

I have actually gotten a fruit and cheese plate on a couple planes lately (tossing the crackers). Not great, but sometimes those are offered.

You could also incorporate a fast in there.

Good luck, stay hydrated!

livingprimal is offline Senior Member
    You can pretty much take anything on the plane you want, and don't be worried about what others think. Look at how many people getting on are bringing on food with them. I usually take nuts, beef jerky, a Larabar, and cheese. Once I took homemade guacamole and scooped it up with bacon. It was delicious! But yea, I got some weird looks on that one! Take whatever you want, and don't worry about it going bad on you, chances are it won't. Have a great trip!

Xenya is offline Member
    thank you, those are some great ideas! I was thinking about incorporating a fast, however I have never done one before and not sure how my body would react...
    and guacamole with bacon?? genius!

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    I'm having a short flight to Peru very soon, should only be about 8 hours so I'm just gonna eat before I get on, I have a big and super not primal meal waiting for me when I get there and I'm actually really looking forward to it! I'm going to try to keep it primal/paleo but that first meal, first time back home in 10 years, shit, bring on everything I haven't touched in a while.

Gonna have some guinea pig while I'm there, rabbit too, psyched for both.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    in my mind, this is the moment for nuts and/or jerkey.

DarthFriendly is offline Banned
    jerky.

macadamia nuts.

a severed human hand.

TheGrappler is offline Senior Member
    Fast that bad boy!
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Suse is offline Senior Member
    you could make some sweet potato crisps? Nuts is always a good idea. Just remember if going into another country ditch the leftovers before customs. (in nz you will get fined for bringing in an apple!)

TxAgDuckman is offline Member
    What everyone above said......JERKY, NUTS, LARABAR!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast