Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vaccination Mandates On The Way in CA, WA, OR, VT, and Other States page

joel3000 is offline Junior Member

New Vaccination Mandates On The Way in CA, WA, OR, VT, and Other States

Shop Now
    As PB'ers we take certain positions on health that go against Conventional Wisdom. So it may be of concern to some
    of us that restrictive new legislation on vaccinations is on the way in many states. These laws will remove the philosophical
    and/or religious exemptions to vaccines making them effectively mandatory for most people.

This does not just apply to children. There are 200-300 vaccines in the FDA pipeline right now targeted at all age groups.
    If these laws pass you may not have the right to decline a vaccination. Healthcare providers in many states are already required to take flu vaccinations and states are looking at expanding mandates to public school teachers and staff.

If your right to informed consent on medical treatments is important to you, you want to take heed of this issue.

Below is the current list of legislation on the way.

State Date Posted Title
    CA 2/20/2015 OPPOSE SB 277, Bill to Repeal Personal Belief Exemption
    IL 2/23/2015 OPPOSE SB 1410, Bill to Severely Restrict Religious Exemptions to Vaccination
    MD 2/19/2015 OPPOSE HB 687, Bill to Eliminate Religious Belief Exemptions to Mandatory Vaccination
    MN 2/16/2015 OPPOSE Bills to Eliminate Conscientious Belief Exemption and Replace with a Restricted Exemption
    NJ 2/10/2015 OPPOSE S1147 & A1931, Contact State Legislators and Senator Vitale
    NM 2/20/2015 OPPOSE HB 522, Bill to Severely Restrict Religious Exemptions to Vaccination
    OR 2/22/2015 OPPOSE SB 442, Eliminates Non-medical Belief Exemptions in Oregon
    PA 2/15/2015 OPPOSE Legislation to Eliminate the Philosophical Belief Exemption in PA
    TX 2/9/2015 OPPOSE Bill to Repeal Conscientious and Religious Exemption
    US 2/23/2015 YOU NEED TO ACT NOW - Vaccine Exemptions and Mandates Threatened in Even More States
    VT 2/21/2015 OPPOSE H 266, requires ALL school students, teachers, administrators, and staff be fully vaccinated
    VT 2/15/2015 OPPOSE S 87 and H 212, Bills to Eliminate Religious and Philosophical Belief Exemptions
    WA 2/19/2015 OPPOSE HB 2009, Bill to Eliminate Philosophical Exemption to Mandotory Vaccination

https://nvicadvocacy.org/

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    Fortunately I'm in Canada so I don't have to care.
    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    I'm a huge believer in personal healthcare autonomy and that CW is to be distrusted. And the flu shot really deserves a lot of scrutiny. But refusing things like the MMR and polio vaccines is an irresponsible act by people who don't have medical conditions that preclude them, if you think the health of the public is worth a damn. The autism "link" was fabricated bullshit. Get your vaccines for your health and everybody else's, even if you have the legitimate right to resent being forced/browbeaten into it.
    The Champagne of Beards

MEversbergII is online now Senior Member
    Thank goodness. This is the blow against the anti-vax camp that needs to be struck.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'm a huge believer in personal healthcare autonomy and that CW is to be distrusted. And the flu shot really deserves a lot of scrutiny. But refusing things like the MMR and polio vaccines is an irresponsible act by people who don't have medical conditions that preclude them, if you think the health of the public is worth a damn. The autism "link" was fabricated bullshit. Get your vaccines for your health and everybody else's, even if you have the legitimate right to resent being forced/browbeaten into it.
    If you want the government to decide when and what you will be injected with, adults too, this is good news.

For me, if I told my doctor my primal habits, he would give me a lecture. But now I'm healthy so I don't go to the doctor much any more. I'd be on statins if it were up to him. Screw that. I want a partnership with my doctor, not ownership.

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Ah, I was just thinking the other day that we needed more government involvement in our lives.

eats.meats.west is offline Senior Member
    Vaccines have been proven to be pretty darn effective at wiping out severe illness. Many people who are too young to know about a lot of them. Flu is kind of iffy in my opinion - just due to the guess work involved, but most of them require some serious thought for skipping them. I don't think that most people educate themselves and are easily swayed by horror stories, real or imagined. Check out Polio Vac. effectiveness PHI: Incidence Rates of Poliomyelitis in US

Diphtheria
    Haemophilus Influenzae type b (Hib)
    Hepatitis A
    Hepatitis B
    Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
    Influenza
    Measles
    Meningococcal
    Mumps
    Pertussis (Whooping Cough)
    Pneumococcal Disease
    Polio
    Rabies
    Rotavirus
    Rubella
    Shingles (Herpes Zoster)
    Tetanus
    Varicella (Chickenpox)
    Yellow Fever

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joel3000 View Post
    If you want the government to decide when and what you will be injected with, adults too, this is good news.

For me, if I told my doctor my primal habits, he would give me a lecture. But now I'm healthy so I don't go to the doctor much any more. I'd be on statins if it were up to him. Screw that. I want a partnership with my doctor, not ownership.
    What does this have to do with my post? Didn't I say I believe in personal healthcare autonomy? And that you have a legitimate right to resent being forced, if they force you? Just because you shouldn't have to do something doesn't mean you shouldn't actually do that thing.

Vaccines aren't statins. You don't endanger anybody's immunocompromised children or bring back polio by not taking statins.
    The Champagne of Beards

I don't trust Merck after Vioxx. That drug killed so many Americans that it significantly shifted the mortality statistics upward
    in it's 1999-2004 term. Now Merck is the monopoly manufacture of MMR. There is an ongoing federal whistle blower case against
    them which accuses them of falsifying data on MMR vaccine risks and effectiveness.

When half a million Americans died and nobody noticed | News | The Week UK

Merck Has Some Explaining To Do Over Its MMR Vaccine Claims*|*Lawrence Solomon

bazzz is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    That's right! You know best!

I Don

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast