Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do we burn only dietary fat?

Hybrid View

When do we burn only dietary fat?

Hi, I learnt in this topic that I might not be leaning out because I use too much fat in my meals. Perhaps my body burns only dietary fats? Is there an approximate % of the calorie intake that when containing too much fat, there is no need for the body to burn body fat?

I've heard of the issue of dietary fat before, but there seem to be split opinions about it. Some say the dietary fat will just circle your system until it is used, no storage whatsoever, and some says that the excess fat has to go somewhere and that we either store it or get rid of it when using the toilet.

Malkavian

When you burn more calories than you take in, your body burns the stored fat.

Vicki

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post
    Sounds like you are falling to the ol' "Calorie in: Calorie out" adage... ... not necessarily the case...

Whereas I don't really have a good answer to your questions... calorie context is important to keep in mind IMHO...

As far as storing dietary fat goes... remember 'Carbs drive insulin drives fat' ...

Quote Originally Posted by MGV View Post

Vicki
    Completely incorrect. Have you even read the PB? The number of calories is nowhere near as important as the type of calorie. It's the nutrients, not the caloric load, that matter.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    Completely incorrect. Have you even read the PB? The number of calories is nowhere near as important as the type of calorie. It's the nutrients, not the caloric load, that matter.
    According to Mark, calories DO matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rphlslv View Post
    I'm stealing this photo. perfection.
    The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Calories do matter for some of us. I already experimented early on with PB and calories, and I found that if I ate the same calories as I did on the CW diet, I still did not lose weight. If I dropped them down, I lost weight. Others seem to have a difference experience, but that's just me.

Calories definitely matter.

That said, our understanding of calories is probably not as in-depth as it could/should be.