Thread: A Texas caveman in Egypt page

texas.grok is online now Senior Member

A Texas caveman in Egypt

Primal Fuel
    Howdy all.

I'm a Texan living and working in Egypt. I have been on the PB nutrition plan for about 2 months with about 75% compliance. Results have been pretty good with about 10 lbs weight loss.

Challenges I have are that I work in an office most of the time (I'm a department manager) and spend 95% of my work day in the office, meetings, etc. Don't get out near as much as I would like.

Good news is that I have off 2.5 days a week so I can really up my exercise during the weekends.

Love the PB idea and have embraced it beyond nutrition. Going barefoot as much as possible or in my Vibrams. Simplifying my life, getting more sleep, etc.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Puddymama is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! I a new Texan (have a driver's license to prove it and everything!) so we're practically family. Hope you enjoy MDA as much as I do.

I have to start keeping this log up to date, keep on forgetting to do so. There are 3 signs of old age, the first is loss of memory and.....I can't remember the other two.

Anyway, a victory today of sorts. Filled two large trash can liners full of old clothes that are way too big for me to wear anymore. Going to give them away to my housekeeper who I'm sure will find a use for them.

Compliments on my weight loss are almost daily. My energy levels increase daily. I go home for time off on the 5th of October and I can't wait to see the reaction of my family!

Nearest I can figure I have lost close to 40 pounds in the last 2.5 months. I have dropped 4 sizes in my waist size and between a large/x-large shirt, down from a xx-large.

I need to get more organized in tracking these things but regardless the changes are evident. Mostly doing a primal IFing most of the time.
    Randal

Okay, one more time

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Why is it so hard to keep this damn thing up? Granted the last year has been busy. Finished one job, started another. Finished writing for a book that has just been published on Amazon (shameless plug) called "Howls from the wolfpack".

But on to weight loss. Did fair since my last entry (has it been almost a year since I did the last one?) and down about 69 lbs, wearing a size large t-shirt, size 38 waist pants (was 48) and pretty much keeping it off.

Currently I'm offshore Egypt on a drilling rig. A bit difficult here since I have no control over what is fixed and cannot fix anything myself or even keep food in my room (against company rules) so I'm left with eating one meal a day (working nights, usually eat at 1am), spend a good bit of time walking on the deck and climbing stairs. Usually do a hour of walking on the helipad when I get off duty.

Have 2-3 more weeks out here and then on to something else. Looking forward to a month or two at home with the family and to kickstart my primal ways back to 90% (about 70% now).
    Randal