Thread: Plateaus.... What did you do? page

Newlifepath is offline Member

Plateaus.... What did you do?

Shop Now
    I'm down 18 pounds and body comp is changing. I feel like I'm in a rut (plateau). I'm 46 days in and need a boost to continue weight loss. I have started CrossFit but I don't think I can attribute that to weight loss stalking. Diet is the same as Day 1. Thinking of cutting red meat and fruit for a few weeks to try and break through. Here is my 46 day pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Cutting red meat and fruit while starting Crossfit is probably not a great idea. You're less than two months in. Just plug along for now.

Rig D is offline Senior Member
    Dayton, OH, but "home" is Carolinas/Georgia
    +1 -- hang tough, your bod will go through adjustment periods, then will start down again. I had about 4 on my 60 lb loss. Not to mention that you are looking pretty good in the recent pic.

Peter Parker is offline Member
    Some thoughts:

1. Diet will have the biggest impact on body comp. As you lose weight, your input needs (dare I say calories?) will likely lessen too (all other things being equal.) See if you can reduce total volume/input/calories--but use only the minimum effective dose to get things moving in the right direction. Keep carbs post workout or at dinner. Ask yourself: "Am I hungry? Is this a craving? Do I have enough energy to perform the task at hand". Know the difference between these things and adjust accordingly. Don't eat if you are not hungry..

2. If you are not doing it already, implement sprints 1X week--but don't exercise to the point that adrenals are compensated. Crossfit isn't for everyone. Mark's protocol for exercise is a good one...

3. Get thyroid and sex hormones tested to find out about any uphill battles you are facing. Test yourself for glucose to see how foods affect this and/or insulin and make adjustments to your diet accordingly. Excess glucose (not stored in muscles and liver) will be transported by insulin to fat...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Thanks guys. I've been stuck for about 2 weeks and I am starting to worry that I'm doing something wrong. I can definitely tell my body is changing but the comp change seems to be slowing down quite a bit too. I'll break through soon.

Just completed my first month of CROSSFIT. Here is a pic a few weeks in.

pteadsgo is offline Junior Member
    good,Know the difference between these things and adjust accordingly. Don't eat if you are not hungry..

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    This is counterintuitive, but it worked for me. (118 pounds lost in 15 months not primal/paleo) My longest plateau was 10 days. I got so frustrated that I basically dropped the F-bomb when I weighed in on the 10th day of no weight change, and ate a huge take-out pizza for supper. The next day the scale started to move downward again. Subsequent plateaus were met with less drastic tantrums - like eating 50% more food for one day.

But I'm female and older, so I have no idea if this would work for you.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Ellen Costner is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got frustrated seeing the scale with no changes for about 8 days and yet, I was too focused on my diet and working out. I just continued my routine despite the negative feeling. I guess, everybody goes through that stage.