Thread: Allergies to nuts, eggs, apples, also celiac disease page

Svenska is offline Junior Member

Allergies to nuts, eggs, apples, also celiac disease

Shop Now
    Any advice on how to implement the Blueprint when I cannot eat so many things that are commonly used in the Blueprint? Can't have almond meal, nuts as snacks or supplement to a salad, nut flours to bake bread, etc etc. etc. I can eat duck eggs which are extremely hard to find and not available in winter.

shannon is offline Senior Member
    well the good thing is a lot of people on this forum don't consume nuts including me. as far as the eggs go, that SUCKS! i am very blessed to only be intolerant of gluten (get the dh on my finger). apples aren't the only fruit out there either. i'd say try your hardest to get the duck eggs for as long as you can. good luck!

soror is offline Senior Member
    I agree doing without the nuts isn't too bad- I don't think the nuts or nutbaked goods should be an all the time thing. I don't generally eat apples either, never have citrus- rarely do fruits period- try to keep it to melons or berries. The eggs would be a biggie- I too would do whatever possible to get as much duck eggs as you can and remember eggs keep for a long time so I would stock up before winter(in the frig) they will last a while(months). Otherwise I would guess you would just be eating more meat- which certainly isn't a bad thing

Katie82 is offline Senior Member
    I don't eat nuts anymore or make any primal baked goods and at this time I'm avoiding eggs because I'm doing an elimination diet. And ya know what? It's not that bad. I'm often not hungry for breakfast which is when I would normally eat eggs so I've been fasting but you could have leftover meat/veg from dinner or sometimes I really like salmon or smoked salmon for breakfast or just some fruit, there's always sausage, bacon, and breakfast ham. Lunch can be a salad with meat/lots of veg, avocados....or you can eat leftovers at this point and dinner is easy to do without those things. I know you can do primal like this, you just have to sit down and maybe make a list of what you CAN eat at each meal instead of thinking about what you can't have. Good luck!

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    You don't need nuts so no problem there. Meat and coconut are your friends.

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shannon View Post
    well the good thing is a lot of people on this forum don't consume nuts including me. as far as the eggs go, that SUCKS! i am very blessed to only be intolerant of gluten (get the dh on my finger). apples aren't the only fruit out there either. i'd say try your hardest to get the duck eggs for as long as you can. good luck!
    shannon- can you explain "the dh on m finger"? is that a reaction to gluten? what is it?

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    do ya'll stay away from nuts b/c they make it tough to loose weight? or is there other reasons to avoid?

yes nuts can slow progress. personally though i stay away bec they're hard to digest. actually you're supposed to soak them in salt water to reduce enzyme inhibitors. they're also high in omega 6 with the exception of walnuts. just not worth it to me when i could be chowin' down on more nutrient dense foods.

Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    shannon- can you explain "the dh on m finger"? is that a reaction to gluten? what is it?
    dermatitis herpetiformis is a reaction that most celiacs get in the form of a nasty itchy rash. i've never been clinically diagnosed but that is enough for me to stay the hell away from it. i won't even make my hub a sandwich without using gloves. i used to work at a pizza shop and when i made the dough in the morning i would have a hard time breathing with lots of coughing. awful stuff.

farmerjess is offline Member
    We are doing primal here with many food sensitivities. We actually aren't eating beef, nuts, seeds, and eggs only once per week. It is more challenging, but doable once you get down a list of meals that work for you. You may find that this diet can help you heal from your sensitivities especially if you include some other gut healing measures such as eating lots of bone broth and gelatin , food based a/o supp probiotics, improving stomach acid, and getting adequate vitamin d and zinc.
    Adding minerals wherever I can.