Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do y'all think about 'Fascinating womanhood'-Elaine Andelin? page 2

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    McVilly, you didn't offer your own opinion, so I'm not sure if you're asking because it disgusted you, or intrigued you (which is generally the two responses that book gets.) If you (or anyone else) found the idea of it interesting, but the application unrealistic, might I recommend two other resources that are better suited (but still not perfect) towards more modern women wanting to get more in touch with their femininity in order to compliment their husband's masculinity? I'm sure both will receive similar responses as above, but as a woman who has control issues (and likes a bit o' kink in my life), I found both of them fascinating and somewhat helpful.

takeninhand.com
    and The Surrendered Wife (book)

geekgrrl is offline Senior Member
    fyrespryte I think the difference here i that the book mentioned by the op is about being raised or existing within a certain mindset that says women are 'supposed' to be a certain way, that men are superior and women servile, men the boss of the household (and event that it's okay to pass these 'values' on to one's children) - there's a religious connection that always worries me and the potential for abuse.

It's quite different to a relationship where adults freely and knowingly change the power dynamic in their relationship and both parties acknowledge their rights and responsibilities, and so forth. There's still the potential for abuse but ... it's different. I'd like to say something a bit more in depth on this but my brain is fuzzy today.

fyrespryte is offline Senior Member
    I see. It's been a while since I read the book so I don't recall the religious overtones and the implied idea that females should be raised that way. No, I agree...I don't agree with cultures (religious or otherwise) that make it a practice to raise female children to be subservient.

I haven't read the book, but I just got that feeling from the website, so I may well be completely off track.

Katt is offline Senior Member
    Anyone here read any of the Gor series? The premise ended up being that men were natural masters and women natural slaves. Those who weren't acting like a natural slave were simply hiding from their true instincts. It takes a certain kind of mindset to see people in that light...

I read them about 25 years ago. Messed with my head, I can tell you! It's a very particular type of fantasy. I know there's a sizeable community who use it as their scripture.

If power exchange is your thing (and you like exceptionally steamy writing) check out Joey Hill's books.

Katt is offline Senior Member
    LOL. I only mentioned it because books and attitudes such as the topic of this thread reminded me of Gor. Those people who want that, knock yourselves out. But don't tell the rest of us that we need to be that way. Oy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12