Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (dalvarez) page

dalvarez Guest

Primal Journal (dalvarez)

Shop Now

Day 9: Feeling great. Did a 30 Mile bike run today, I was fearful to be honest =since I've always 'carb-up' for long runs...Today I felt no difference! I drank WATER! and had Eggs, Banana + an Apple (vs. the sugar drinks and bars I use to consume), that was sufficient enough for the run.

I received my signed copy of PB on Saturday!

Thanks for your support!

Daughter of Grok Guest

Awesomeness!!! I have been having similar experiences with incorporating PB lifestyle with endurance, it is totally compatible, carbs are way overrated, LOL.

MikeGP Guest

Fusebox, have you seen an improvement in body fat? There is another thread of a guy saying he went from 10 -12% to 15% in a month by going primal...so now im scared.

Daughter of Grok Guest

He's the only case I've heard of that. I don't check my percent body fat but I can feel that it's gone down. How do you feel? Can you tell a difference?

BigBeck89 Guest

Mike, I'm assuming you mean me. You have to realize that I got to 10% doing a primal form of CKD. Its just that I moved home and my eating habits changed slightly and I let my daily carbs creep to high. I will say though that doing a primal ckd diet gave me AMAZING results and helped me put on a lot of muscle with almost no extra fat.

MikeGP Guest

what exactly is CKD?

BigBeck89 Guest

"C"yclical "K"etogenic "D"iet

basically you low carb the whole week(ketogenic levels) then you have a 24-48 hr High carb day to cause a huge insulin spike creating an anobolic environment where insulin rushes nutrients into the muscles and fills your glycogen stores for another week of training

When I started doing ckd my carb ups were dirty (ceral,pancakes,cookies,candy,etc) and it still worked great, but I switched to a more primal form of it using only complex carbs like tons of veggies, sweet potatoes, yogurt and kefir(ok maybe not quite primal), and fruit(but not too much cause fructose goes to the liver, which can only store so much glycogen) and I have o say I felt much better(since carbs were more complex there wasnt really the sugar crash i got from dirty carbs) plus i felt better. probably from all the nutrients that i get that were lacking in things like candy.

there are a lot of books, sites, and blogs about ckd and tkd, so u can do more research if you want, but i don't want to jack dalvarez's journal and change it to a ckd post

Mr B Guest

Sounds a bit like Di Pasquale's Anabolic Diet.

Basically spend 2-4 weeks of eating 30 or less grams of carbs, and after the adaption, do no more than 30 grams of carbs mon-fri and then on weekends do your carb up.

Daughter of Grok Guest

BigBeck-As an endurance athlete this whole CKD thing sounds very interesting. I'll definitely have to research it, and possibly give it a go if I deem it not too unhealthy. It seems plausible that primal man may have done something along those lines occasionally if he ran upon a good source of higher complex carby food, and then more than likely he'd indulge and store up until the supply ran out in such a sporadic manner. Although, I am only speculating, I would be curious to know what Mark thinks about CDK.

dalvarez Guest

I have noticed a 1% drop in my 10 days, which is a great thing! (again I had loss some ground after hitting my fat loss plateau so I went from 10% to 12%)

Looks like my body is responding well to the PB approach. I lack no energy and I have yet to "bonk" in any of my workouts. I am definitely in a ketosis state (since Day 4), I check daily using ketostix.

One thing I'll note: I don't feel hungry very often, even after 4 hours which is surprising as I am use to eating every 3 hours.....I still eat but to be honest I'll probably start spacing out my meals if I am not hungry.

on CHAPTER 4 in the book!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast