Thread: MegaOmega3 Caesar's Salmon BAS page

Grol is offline Senior Member

MegaOmega3 Caesar's Salmon BAS

Shop Now
    Early in my primal walk, Stabby scared me straight on omega 3s. As someone who hates supplementing I became determined to correct my ratio with food. My sister's Italian restaurant makes the best Caesar's salad I know of and this is a twisted version of it, not quite as tasty, much heavier and I confess, fishy enough many do NOT like it. I try to make it once a week. The below recipe will serve a table of six a nice dinner salad each or a BAS eating meal replacer twice. I was going to call it the Big Ass Homage Du Stabby but...

This is a touch involved,

Here's my MegaOmega3 Caesar's Salad:

You need a small cookie sheet and two large bowls.

Roughly chop one bunch of spinach, half a head of romaine and two omega3 hard boiled eggs. Grate 4 oz. of any omega 3 cheddar (grass fed is fine if you want to spend the $, but there's plenty of 03 cheese on the market now). Toss all together, cover with moist paper towel and refrigerate.

Mix 4 oz. of chopped walnuts with one 7.5 oz can of salmon and 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. Spread thinly on a cookie sheet and gently heat at 225 degrees until the rest of the salad is ready. A pie pan will work fine. This tops the salad when complete.

Put the below into a processor and mix until everything is chopped, but just before becoming a smooth paste.

1 clove garlic
    2 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
    8 smoked anchovy fillets
    1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
    5 sprigs chopped parsely
    Freshly ground pepper, to taste
    Juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
    splash of balsamic vinegar
    splash of red wine vinegar

In a large salad bowl whisk the following until you have a creamy texture

*2 coddled omega 3 eggs
    1/3 cup virgin olive oil
    3 tbs flax oil

This is like making mayo, so whip the eggs first, and very slowly add the oil. A broken mayo texture is fine though.

*Coddled eggs are placed in warm water, brought to a boil and removed in one minute. They will not be cooked, but they will emulsify with the oil much easer.

Now add the paste to the emulsification and whip until the dressing clings to the sides of the bowl. Dump in the lettuce mixture and toss until nicely coated. Top with toasted walnuts/salmon/parm mixture. Eat.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Nice! I am totally eating this. I too hate supplements and now I just make an effort to eat a big chunk of fish every other day and keep the n-6s low. I have just kind of been baking the fish and then eating it with some vegetables, salt and spices but this looks delicious.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!