Thread: Night-time light page

dansyd is offline Junior Member

Night-time light

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I have eliminated all light sources from my bedroom and this has really helped with sleeping. I turn off my computer as early as I can most nights and try and read for an hour before sleeping. The trouble here is that I need some light to read and I would prefer to have no artificial lights at that hour! Do any of you have a solution to this? Is there a way around using normal lights to read? Thanks

meepster is offline Senior Member
    Yes. You can read by candlelight; you can get an orange or red lightbulb for your bedside lamp; or you can wear red goggles that block both blue and green light. What I do is wear red goggles - that way I can just use normal light and normal computer screens and everything and it doesn't bother me. But if you don't want to have any artificial light, candles are very romantic.

picklepete is offline Senior Member
    Low-temperature lights (<2300K) are fine, should be adjustable on most screen devices.

If you always read in the same place replacing a desk lamp bulb is probably the simple solution (example)
    35//6'3"/180

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

RichMahogany is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by dansyd View Post
    Hi all,

I have eliminated all light sources from my bedroom and this has really helped with sleeping. I turn off my computer as early as I can most nights and try and read for an hour before sleeping. The trouble here is that I need some light to read and I would prefer to have no artificial lights at that hour! Do any of you have a solution to this? Is there a way around using normal lights to read? Thanks
    http://www.amazon.com/Lamplight-110-...words=oil+lamp
    The Champagne of Beards