Thread: Primal Journal (MrDrewGarcia) - Help Me page

MrDrewGarcia is offline Junior Member

Primal Journal (MrDrewGarcia) - Help Me

Shop Now
    On April 4th 2014 I walked into Dodger Stadium feeling like a man in control of his health; I was 65lbs lighter than when I had started the Primal Blue print and I felt strong both physically and metally. What I didn't realize then was that it would be the begining of a spiral that would lead me to writting this entry today. In those short 10 months I have put back on 60lbs and I feel horrible, worse I feel powerless over it and I am desperate to turn it around. I have been fat my entire life and I have paid in ways that are too embarassing to discuss even in an online forum.

This journal will not be a pitty party, I have already spent entirely too much time and effort feeling sorry for myself. Rather, what I hope to accomplish, is to find people willing to share their thoughts, advice and who will bust my chops and call me out when needed. I promise to be keep it short and concise.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, please don't hesitate to say hello.

MDG

Starting weight 370lbs (Yikes)

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Hi there DG! You can do this, this forum will support you. Have you read the Primal Blueprint? My suggestion is to start off with a Whole 30, no tweaks or hacks just solid primal.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Thanks for the support,

I have read it actually, but it may be a good time to revist the book to reaffirm why it works.
    I'm going to attempt to do the solid primal, since from my previous experiece I learned that the faster you clean it up the faster you gain momentum.

I know there will be sugar withdrawls coming and I plan to hedge them off by pusshing right up against the 50g limit of carbohydrates a day with sweet potatoes and berries.

From Shmoe to Joe is offline Junior Member
    Good luck Drew!
    You and I are very similar in terms of starting points.
    I started 3 weeks ago at 409 pounds and created a journal for the exact same accountability reason.
    The key to optimizing this journal is by being 100% honest and true. Do not hold anything back.
    If you slip, you slip...own it and move on from it.

Quote Originally Posted by From Shmoe to Joe View Post
    Good luck Drew!
    You and I are very similar in terms of starting points.
    I started 3 weeks ago at 409 pounds and created a journal for the exact same accountability reason.
    The key to optimizing this journal is by being 100% honest and true. Do not hold anything back.
    If you slip, you slip...own it and move on from it.
    Joe,

Thank you for checking in and for the tip.

I hope you'll stick around and I'll be following you also.

DG

Day 1 Summary:
    Primal Food Intake Today:

B: Smoothie: 1 Cup Almond Milk + 1 Egg + Frozen Berries + 1 Scoop Muscle Milk

S: -

L: Two Lamb Loin Chops (Leftovers) + Ground Beef/Frozen Vegetable Mix Stir Fry

D: El Pollo Loco Chicken (2 Legs + 1 Thigh) + Ĺ Large Sweet Potato with Grass fed Butter

S: - Ĺ Cup Boiled Peruvian Beans (Like Pinto Beans) with Mexican White Cheese (Sort of like parmesan) + Coffe (1 Packet of Truvia + Half & Half)

WOD

1. 2 Sets of Kettle bell Squats (10 Squats Each)
    2. 2 Sets of Triceps (With 20lb Kettle Bell)
    3. 2 Sets of Bicep Curls (with 20lb Kettle Bell)

Sleep:

5.5 Hours of sleep

Metrics:

Weight: 370 lbs (Starting Weight)

Notes:

Day one was fairly easy until about 4-6pm when I got a bad headache that eventually forced me to take Aleve (I rarely get even a mild headache). My guess is that I either did not eat enough, itís from a sugar withdrawal, I was possibly dehydrated and or also I had not had any coffee until very late in my day. I usually drink 2-3 cups per day.

Late last night I was tempted at home with pastries last night and had a very difficult time forcing myself not to partake. Pastries are my weak spot, but I made it past it and I know that it will be easier next time.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 2 Summary:
    Primal Food Intake Today:

B: Smoothie: 1 Cup Almond Milk + 1 Egg + Frozen Berries + 1 Scoop Muscle Milk

S: Coffee + 1 Packet of Truvia + 1tbs of Half & Half

L: Grilled Chicken and mashed Sweet Potato(With Grassfed Butter)

S: Coffee (Black)

D: Sushi Restaurant (Various types of rolls and Soy Saunce) + Iced Green Tea

WOD

1. 6 Sets of Air Squats (10 Squats Each)
    2. 6 Sets wall presses

Sleep:

8.5 Hours of sleep

Metrics:

I'll be weighing in weekly on mondays

Notes:

I had a pretty good day until dinner. I had dinner at a Sushi restaurant and I did not follow the plan. I feell very guily about it, because I know I could have avoided the situation and allowed myself to wreck my plan. But I'm not going to dwell on it too much, the important thing is to move forward and do better today.