Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get rid of adult acne page

Can't get rid of adult acne

Shop Now
    I developed what I believe to be adult acne about a year ago when I was deployed on an aircraft carrier. Unfortunately, I couldn't eat strict Primal due to the food that was available so I'm sure that was the cause of it. Most of my "outbreaks" occur on my forehead and down around my eyes. And the weird thing is that my acne like pimples dry out and my forehead becomes dry after a few days or so. I have tried different face washes but none of them work. The only thing that seems to help make it subside is a hydrocortisone cream I bought at the pharmacy. What foods are a known trigger for acne?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    seed oils, trans fats

REad some great info on this, trying to find a link
    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

Badgerfaced is offline Senior Member
    Can;t find it, but this is similar

http://supernaturalacnetreatment.com...ts-cause-acne/
    "I reserve the right to say stupid things"

I've mostly eliminated seed oils and trans fats since I've been home from deployment. We only dine out about once every couple weeks so that would be my only dose of that nasty crap.

Orange is offline Senior Member
    Cutting out dairy and eating more fatty fish like salmon, sardines and mackerel helped me.

kris48 is offline Junior Member
    Get some real sun.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    the face washes may be making this worse for you, so stop using anything that is supposed to be "drying".

if you haven't already done so, you may want to eliminate dairy and grains and see what happens.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Stacy15 is offline Senior Member
    I went from getting a few pimples a month to none for a year+ when I stopped using all soaps/creams on my face. I wash my face with coconut oil. Then I wipe face with an apple cider vinegar soaked cotton ball. Before bed I apply more coconut oil. Skin is better now at 40 than it has ever been.

RinseClean is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Wayne View Post
    I developed what I believe to be adult acne about a year ago when I was deployed on an aircraft carrier. Unfortunately, I couldn't eat strict Primal due to the food that was available so I'm sure that was the cause of it. Most of my "outbreaks" occur on my forehead and down around my eyes. And the weird thing is that my acne like pimples dry out and my forehead becomes dry after a few days or so. I have tried different face washes but none of them work. The only thing that seems to help make it subside is a hydrocortisone cream I bought at the pharmacy. What foods are a known trigger for acne?

If you're having issues with your skin, look to the gut. You said yourself you think it came from the food you at when you were deployed, but now you have a lasting issue as you've changed the food and you still have a problem.

Like aforementioned, don't use any commercial acne creams/products because that will just exacerbate the issue and keep you in continual need of them.

Start by increasing your probiotic intake, as acne and skin issues are often a result of dysbiosis in the gut.
    You can drink a glass of water with 1-2tsps of Apple Cider Vinegar (Raw) 2-3 times a day and that will help.
    In addition, you can dilute some ACV in some water and use it on your face topically. Just do a quick search on ACV and acne treatment.

While topical treatments are great acutely, you need to replenish your flora in your gut to heal your acne over the long term. Good luck!

gergirl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Leave out the dairy, reduce sugar and grains, do not dry out your skin with soap, not too much coffee, clean your skin in the evening and only wash with water in the morning, eat healthy fat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast