Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (darienx19) page 3

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

Zephyr: I will have to check into the sleep track thing. I don't know that it is so much my inability to fall or stay asleep so much as my willpower to disconnect and actually GO to bed by 11:30 lol.

The way the pizza turned out, I think I could have cut it in squares and layered it to make a primal lasagna... :: blinks :: I might be on to something!

Maba: The only ingredients that were new to my diet included the coconut milk, corriander, and fenugreek. I use coconut products all the time though, so I don't think it would be the milk... the other two spices I honestly can't say I'e ever had in any quantity. I don't know that I mind missing out on them in the future, though I reallllllllllly liked the way the curry smelled when cooking lol.

Suzy: You'll soon find yourself saying it I'm surprised I haven't used it more on here hehehe

Day 10:

Food:

B: 1 small pork patty and a fruit smoothie

L: Giant spinach salad w/ carrot, cucumber, tomato, steak chunks, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and some sea salt, and an apple

D: Another pork patty and fruit smoothie...? didn't realize I mirrored bfast until just now

S: boiled napa cabbage

Exercise:

Walked the park once

Day 11:

Food

B: 2 eggs w/ squash, onion, spinach, and some red hot

L: Giant spinach salad w/ carrot, cucumber, tomato, steak chunks, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and some sea salt, and an apple

S: boiled napa cabbage

D: 2 pork patty's, 4 eggs over, red hot

S: about 2-3 oz's of steak (couldn't resist eating some while I cut it up for tomorrow's lunch), and 2 banana nut bars (similar to SoG's recipe).

Exercise:

Silk Reeling exercise for about 30 mins

Thoughts:

Today was much better at work, got to have a quiet day in the back doing data entry. I know data entry doesn't sound fun, but it was a nice reprieve from the front desk.

Realized only after another needed dose of benadryl that the fat I had rendered for the week contained drippings from some of the meat I cooked with the curry powder. Out with the fat, in with the butter. Next week will be better I suppose.

We had a couple banana's left that were on the edge of being thrown away by one of the many roomies that pass thru the kitchen... so I found SoG's recipe for Banana Nut Bites. I ended up using mostly pecan meal and a small amount of almond meal. Turned out great, but a little nuttier than I was looking for, pecan meal is kind of strong I've found. Made 16 little squares... and after each person tried some, I was down to 12, so I have 6 nomtastic snacks now for when I open the fridge and am too lazy to want to actually PREPARE something lol. They are super tasty with some butter on them. Also, next time I think I will add a little more banana and a touch of vanilla... mmmmm.

I've also been very tempted by the pumpkin recipe I've seen going around... perhaps I will try pumpkin banana loaf?.... mmmmmm..... I'm also very tempted to try apple-zucchini squares. My mom used to make them when I was younger, but I think I can pull it off without the sugar and flour. Perhaps I will play in the kitchen some this weekend!

Day 12:

Food:

B: 2 eggs w/ squash, onion, spinach, and some red hot

L: Giant spinach salad w/ carrot, cucumber, tomato, steak chunks, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and some sea salt, a piece of the banana nut bars with butter

S: a piece of the banana nut bars with butter

D: Pizza Hut, 4 slices of a medium deep dish w/ ham, green peppers, and extra sauce.

Exercise:

Walked the park

Silk Reeling

Thoughts:

It seems that friday has become the "eat a meal with the roomies night" and that's when I'm using my 20%. I'm going to try and get them to stop choosing places where my most primal option includes dough or rice but I'm not too worried about it. I've noticed that I've lost some more size, specifically in the stomach area... I almost need to make a new hole in my belt.

Exercise happened late in the evening (11pmish) and bed didn't happen until almost 3... I slept for 7 hours and feel refreshed though, so I hope to get back on track on day 13.

suzyschnitz is offline Junior Member

Ha! You friended me on Facebook today!

LOL I was going to ask if that was you

Day 13:

Food:

B: IF

L: 6-8 oz of roasted pork loin, last of the napa cabbage

S: a piece of the banana nut bars with butter

D: Eggs w/ cheese and sausage. Cucumber, carrot, and celery cut up and salsa to dip them in. 1/2 a banana split

Exercise:

Day of rest (read: lazy)

Thoughts:

I am going to need to add "don't fail on the weekends" as part of my challenge goals. got up around 10:30, but didn't actually get out of bed until around 2, only to move to the couch and watch movies... Then we all went to dinner at Denny's... I managed to keep it reigned in by getting eggs w/ cheese and sausage on the side, and I was able to get their new "dipable veggies" instead of hash browns... and I got salsa instead of ranch. Then willpower went out the window when asked if I wanted to split a split... It was tasty, and didn't kill me like sweets normally do... Then I stayed up until about 3am again.

So, an additional goal for the challenge is going to be to make sure that weekends stay primal.

Day 14:

Food:

B: IF

L: 2-3 oz roast pork loin, a piece of the banana nut bars with butter

D: eating a piece of veggie here and a taste of something I'm cooking there... no formal meal, but I'm not hungry

Exercise:

Walking in the farmers market count? Nothing to really talk about. It rained a lot by the time I was done cooking and I didn't really have anything indoor prepared =(

Day 15

Food:

B: Pineapple strawberry smoothie (literally, some frozen pineapple, fresh strawberries, and some water)

L: ground beef with onions, mushrooms, coconut milk, and spices (that I'm not allergic to) over steamed broccoli, a piece of zucchini-apple bars with butter

D: A few pieces of cold steak pieces and a few bites of dutch chipotle cheese.

Exercise:

None

Thoughts:

It rained sideways again during the only time I had free today for exercise I'm going to bed earlier tonight than normal just to see how the morning goes. Hope it's not death rain in the morning (though I'm in St Louis, a downpour can happen in clear skies... we're about 2 acts of sin away from locusts when it comes to weather here). G'night!

suzyschnitz is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Which market do you go to?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast