Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (darienx19) page 2

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Day 7:

Food:

B: skipped

L: leftover curry

D: Fruit Smoothie

After yesterday, I decided I would only eat today when hunger hit, and it did a little while ago so I had the left over curry. I plan to only have a fruit smoothie after exercising tonight. Gonna go do my last walk for the week and some silk reeling exercise... Also possibly the sprinting? We'll see how the evening goes

Went and walked in the park, love the vibram's for that. Tried to do sprinting in them... and it hurt LOL. Was only able to do it 4 times before my feet hurt too much. I'm guessing that will get better in time. I also noticed that I can run a lot faster in regular shoes, but it is probably just time and practice needed. I will also try doing sprints in wonderful forgiving grass rather than angry pavement.

I did end up having a nomtastic smoothie after running and also sampled a pork patty I made for this week's breakfast. Also rendered some fat tonight for making eggs

Agnieszka Guest

Nice day today, darienx19! I keep hearing similar reports re: vibrams: that they're good for grass and sand, but for pavement--not so much.

Keep up the fight!

Primal Challenge Week 1 Review:

1. 80/20 food rule: Stayed primal for all but 2 meals this week and didn't have any cheat-ie snacks. even if I count the fail saturday night as 2, that's still only 3/21. 14~15%, not bad =)

2. Walk 4 times: done and done.

3. Run Fast 1 time: Did it on day 7, not as intense as I would have liked, but will work on it in the future.

4. Heavy Lifting 1 time: Not this week =(

5. No more alarm: Learned my sleeping needs, step in the right direction

6. Silk Reeling 2 times: Did it once, need to make more time for it.

7. ID and solve 3 stress: ID's 1, working on fixing it.

All in all, not bad I call week one a success. Week two, here I come!!

Day 8

Food:

B: 2 eggs scrambled, sauted yellow squash, onions, and spinach

L: Curried Beed and Chicken, mushrooms, and onions. Broccoli, an apple

Scavenge: 6oz pork (patty style), grapes, 3 or so small pieces of extra sharp white cheddar

D: Zucchini dough pizza

Exercise:

Day of rest

Thoughts:

My legs hurt more than I was ok with today, so I rested... also, I was eaten alive by bugs and want to not itch all over while I walk lol. The Zucchini pizza is still baking (almost done woot!) and looks fantastic. I'm not going to have a lot, but will try it tonight.

All in all, today was ok. Work was way more stressful than usual. It wasn't even "stupid people day"... it was more like "too-lazy-to-help-myself-and-mad-about-having-to-wait-for-you-to-do-it-for-me day." No fear, tomorrow will be better!

Zucchini Pizza Update:

1st attempt ended in glorified omelet... Mental note, buy cheese cloth to get rid of moisture better next time.

I was also afraid to shred it large, and made more of a zucchini paste to start with.

All in all, very very tasty, but could have achieved the same effect faster by just making an omelet.

totally worth trying again though. I'm hoping it does become pizza dough like in one of its incarnations so I can cook it a little longer, then slice it up as bread substitute for flat bread sammiches. YAY!

Day 9:

Food

B: Leftover Zucchini Pizza

L: Curried Beef/chicken, Broccoli, and an apple

D: Cream of broccoli soup, steak chunks

S: Pork Patty

Exercise

-Walked the park.

Thoughts:

Unfortunately, I deduced that I am allergic to something in the curry powder I was using. On sunday, I had hives a little while after eating, but figured they were bug bites from walking. Monday, had a TON of 'bug bites' and couldn't figure out why, but they were gone by tuesday morning. Then I had the curry again for lunch, and within 1/2 an hour everything started to itch again... so I went and got some benadryl and it took care of it.

Haven't been doing so well with the alarm clock issue, have been getting up later and later each day. I think I need to scale back to 10:30/11:00 to make sure I'm in bed by 11:30... I've been shooting for 11:30 and making it by midnight.

Zephyr Guest

Hey darienx19,

I had the issue about waking later and later. One thing I did that helped was listen to a deep sleep hypnosis track while going to bed. I would get a better night's sleep and could wake up earlier than usual.

Side not: I heard that starting out the day with a apple wakes you up. There's suppose to be some research to back that up, but for me, once i'm up...I'm awake and ready to go.

Thanks a bunch for the nut idea. It helped with my cravings A LOT! pine nuts are my new best friend!

Bummer about the curry and pizza though. I might try that pizza recipe. seems really yummy

maba is offline Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the allergies. Did you look at the ingredients? Any suspect stuff there?

I went sprinting on pavement in my Sprints last week and ended up with pain in my fascia. But it does feel good walking on the grass in them.

suzyschnitz is offline Junior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

"nomtastic"

Love it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast