Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have we finally reached "peak" Crossfit? page

Eich is online now Senior Member

Have we finally reached "peak" Crossfit?

The tipping point where marginalization of the name brand and competitions is hopefully on the horizon, and they are trying to keep their head above water.

I never thought they could top themselves with overt, unapologetic attention-whoring. I was wrong.

Nothing better for "fidniz" than smoking blunts and dropping profanity on the official channel. Crossfit must be insecure about it's ability to keep it REEEAAAL lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XR9LmZrXdQ
    Last edited by Eich; 01-23-2015 at 01:29 PM.

The concept of met-con and circuit training and comradeship...fine.

I'd like to see the boxes go all Protestant cruise along independently doing things sanely.

That way people can stop apologizing for "some of the boxes which do things badly, but mine doesn't" ....because the umbrella name brand will have imploded.

::crossing fingers::

JimmyDamage is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post

Nothing better for "fidniz" than smoking blunts and dropping profanity on the official channel. Crossfit must be insecure about it's ability to keep it REEEAAAL lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XR9LmZrXdQ
    I think it's kind of cool. They turned a fat, out of shape, unhealthy rapper into a much less fat out of shape unhealthy rapper.

I guess it is kind of magical that they only had to appeal to his vanity, come to his house and give his music enterprise free exposure ...Wait what?
    Last edited by Eich; Yesterday at 02:21 PM.

How did they "appeal to his vanity", by getting him non morbidly obese?

Jefferson1775 is online now Senior Member
    I hope Crossfit stays around for a long time. Apparently, it was a lot harder to get stuff like bumper plates, WL shoes, and quality barbells before they became popular.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

It's never going to disappear. It would be nice to see it marginalized to a cult following as it's traditionally understood. Everyone for whom it got over the hump of de-mystifying barbells ought to move on and approach circuit training sanely. Then everyone wins and Dave Castro gets a side job to make ends meet.

Eich is the ultimate keyboard cowboy waging an honorable war against other people's opinions and interests if they differ from his own. Just do you bro, just do you...

d-roc is offline Member

edennperez1 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyDamage View Post
    I think it's kind of cool. They turned a fat, out of shape, unhealthy rapper into a much less fat out of shape unhealthy rapper.
    I agree! However, I'm missing the point of the video. I fast forwarded parts but it seemed really just a promo for his upcoming album and as an aside he also does Crossfit. It could've been shortened to 5-7 minutes. I am proud that he's probably not gonna die of a heart attack anymore. Seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast